*PICTURE* Rousimar Palhares Broke His Foot Early In Hector Lombard Fight

hopefully he comes back with a leg snapping vengeance

was it ebcause of the second or third leg kick that he hit? i remember seeing his foot hit lombards leg and thinking damn that much have hurt his foot.

That doesnt really surprise me. Palhares kicks hard and Lombard blocked most of these lowkicks by slightly lilting his legs which makes it easy to hit the knee, and hit it very hard. Without proper technique or whatever, bad things can happen

Those early legkicks had oomph in them, must have been one of those. Wouldn't have changed the outcome though, IMO, and that's coming from a Palhares fan.

Wonder if the Lombard was injured (Boetsch fight) guys are gonna say Palhares lost due to injury too (He didn't of course, but we can prove this injury).

Maybe Lombard was and maybe he wasn't. One thing is for sure, Lombard didn't fight like his normal self against Boetsch and Palhars injury actaully happenend during the fight. That being said, I think Lombard is a lot better fighter than the UFC faithful give him credit for. Anderson isn't calling him out for some reason, he only calls out guys that he can beat.

Did his calves break too?

Those things are from a comicbook!

Hope his recovery goes well

War Palhares, support him win or lose

It makes sense, Palhares did absolutely nothing when he was on the ground with Lombard, he just held him until the ref stood them. I thought he was already rocked and was trying to recover, but it seems likely that his foot was hurting him too much.

you know he's tough when no one could tell during the fight what had happened.

Lombard: I don't like to make excuses.....................................my foot was broken

It was a cracked sternum, and Lombard is getting heat on that for no reason imo. We've all had the time where we show up late to work and know it was our fault and there were things that could've been done on our part, but we still throw in how crazy traffic was. If it is excuse-making, it's excuse-making at its most mild.

you know he's tough when no one could tell during the fight what had happened.

The adrenaline kicks in too....BIG TIME.

It largely helps ignore the pain.You know somethings off but it doesn't hurt badly at the time.

Maybe Lombard was and maybe he wasn't. One thing is for sure, Lombard didn't fight like his normal self against Boetsch and Palhars injury actaully happenend during the fight. That being said, I think Lombard is a lot better fighter than the UFC faithful give him credit for. Anderson isn't calling him out for some reason, he only calls out guys that he can beat.

yes, because anderson would obvws get dummied...

This explains so much (in my eyes at least). Still thinks an extra foot couldn't of help Rousimar win this one :-/

Fight was a lot more lopsided than I expected. I thought this was a 50/50, depending on which happened first, big punch or TD/sub. Odds were attractive for Palhares so I lost some vcash on that one.... at least I feel *a bit* better now.

Back