Picture of Jake Shields' face from the alledged eyegouges.

Hilarious karma is a bitch Jake shields is just as dirty he had nothing for gsp and tried to take his fucking eyes out his socket he had it coming

gsppoke2.jpg
shieldseyepoke02.gif
KJq4Q.gif
cry me a river jake

Palhares was teeing off on him with some powerful punches. There's no evidence eye pokes did any of that damage

I have never heard Jake Shields complain to a ref about ANYTHING during a fight. He told the corner after round 2 that he couldn't see. They confirmed after the fight that he could not track with his eyes. It's weird to hear people say they can't see it, but hey 20% of the people think The Sun rotates around the Earth.

The eye gouges were obvious. Even the President of WSOF Ray Sefo confirmed the eye gouges.

When does the ref protect the fighter's health? When he is not Steve Mazagotti.

I'm not surprised when JBJ gets defended on here, because some people live vicariously through top end fighters - seen it many a time. But, Palhares doesn't have the crazy hypetrain and carries no, 'my worth is more if I associate myself with this man blindly" thang.

So, I'm surprised to read so many who don't think Palhares was dirty in this fight.

He was.

A finger in the eyeball doesn't cause the facial tissue around the eyes to bruise, dumbasses. Eating punches and elbows from the bottom (and on the feet), however...

gsppoke2.jpg

@jakeshields victim of eye gouging, ladies and gentlemen. The poor lamb!

shieldseyepoke01_medium.gif

The biggest problem caused by the ref tho (mazzagati) was that he warned palhares "if you eye gouge again I'll take away a point".

Then palhares immediately eye gouges again, two more times in round 2 and maz does nothing.

Cummins face was worse. Superseded Feijao hasn't been banned yet for such horrific eye gouging

I have never heard Jake Shields complain to a ref about ANYTHING during a fight. He told the corner after round 2 that he couldn't see. They confirmed after the fight that he could not track with his eyes. It's weird to hear people say they can't see it, but hey 20% of the people think The Sun rotates around the Earth.

The eye gouges were obvious. Even the President of WSOF Ray Sefo confirmed the eye gouges.

When does the ref protect the fighter's health? When he is not Steve Mazagotti.

You didn't watch the fight :rolleyes:

Did you even watch the fight during round 1 & 2 moron

I did. The first supposed eye poke didn't happen until round 2. That left eye was half closed and beat up when he got up off the stool in round 1, before he made one complaint or "sound" about eyepokes.

And if you watched the fight, you would might have caught all the punches and short elbows Shields caught. Those do make your eyes swell and bruise, as seen in the Cummins photo. You'd think no one here has ever seen a post fight photo before. Shields face/eyes don't even look that bad compared to plenty of fights without supposed eyepokes.

I do believe Palhares fingers got in Shields eyes but I don't believe it was on purpose. The one I saw somewhat clearly in the fight Shields turned into the hand.

No, that gif is not "clear" evidence. By Jake's reaction, it looks as though that might have happened. I haven't seen one frame where it actually shows Palhares finger entering Jake's eye. That would be clear evidence. It's harder on the ground than standing, but when Jon Jones pokes a guy in the eye, you know it. You see it for sure. I haven't seen an angle that shows this.

If anyone has that, I'd be interested to see it. I'm trying to take a biased viewpoint here, but I think Palhares is getting mobbed for no reason. Just because he doesn't have a leg to stand on because of past actions doesn't make mobbing him for something he shouldn't be "fired" for right.

I did. The first supposed eye poke didn't happen until round 2. That left eye was half closed and beat up when he got up off the stool in round 1, before he made one complaint or "sound" about eyepokes.

And if you watched the fight, you would might have caught all the punches and short elbows Shields caught. Those do make your eyes swell and bruise, as seen in the Cummins photo. You'd think no one here has ever seen a post fight photo before. Shields face/eyes don't even look that bad compared to plenty of fights without supposed eyepokes.

I do believe Palhares fingers got in Shields eyes but I don't believe it was on purpose. The one I saw somewhat clearly in the fight Shields turned into the hand.

No, that gif is not "clear" evidence. By Jake's reaction, it looks as though that might have happened. I haven't seen one frame where it actually shows Palhares finger entering Jake's eye. That would be clear evidence. It's harder on the ground than standing, but when Jon Jones pokes a guy in the eye, you know it. You see it for sure. I haven't seen an angle that shows this.

If anyone has that, I'd be interested to see it. I'm trying to take a biased viewpoint here, but I think Palhares is getting mobbed for no reason. Just because he doesn't have a leg to stand on because of past actions doesn't make mobbing him for something he shouldn't be "fired" for right.

GREAT GREAT post. no one has delivered a gif or screenshot where you litterally see a finger in Shields eye. Is it Ehtical to punish someone without proof?????
In so many sports, you are not suspended/punished if there is no video evidence.

Basically my question is in sports should peeps be suspended without video evidence and also without the referee seeing it?

Cheezits bro, thats bad. Paul Harris should be kicked in the head by cro cop as a punishment.

Honestly I don't see any blatant eye gouging here, but it's shields, one of the same guys that has done it himself many times over the years so it's hard to feel bad for him

Back