Picture from fights that got you hooked on MMA

GracieTaktarov.jpg

Lol, that was a lousy fight.

That got you hooked?

This is when it all started for me.
b2e9f3b4fd18eb2cfc7d18f1b607b833.jpg

Seeing a 180 lb guy choke out a talented 260 lb wrestler had me hooked. I even joined a shootfighting school soon after.

Hard to believe that was 25 years ago.

I watched the Forrest Bonnar fight and I was interested. I wasn't hooked though it just seemed like another street fight to me.

A buddy of mine lent Silva & Leben to me on DVD when I was like 17. I was hooked after that. Watching Anderson Silva ninja a guy without getting touched had me jumping around my living room like a crazy man. and I switched from boxing to kickboxing classes that same month.

4164_ex.jpg

What fight got you hooked.
I was a casual up until Diego vs Melendez. that fight had everyone standing up. watched every ppv with those same people for years. now I usually stream w my girl halfway watching

I was a casual up until Diego vs Melendez. that fight had everyone standing up. watched every ppv with those same people for years. now I usually stream w my girl halfway watching
I remember that one, I watched it live, towards the end I thought Diego was going to have the comeback of the year.
sanchez-vs-melendez-full-fight-video-ufc-166.jpg

I watched a lot through the late 2000s but it was KZ vs Poirier that turned me into a hardcore that watches every event.

korean-zombie-dustin.jpg

Lol, that was a lousy fight.

That got you hooked?
I was just flipping through channels, mid 90s. was probably between 10-12 and thought it was pro wrestling so i stopped on the channel. I don't know how recently the fight had happened, it was probably a replay. It was right at the end of the fight and I saw Renzo boot Oleg with his heel right under the eye, then knee-to-belly crack him in the dome with a right hand and was like 'HOLY SHIT IS THIS REAL?!'. Literally the next weekend I saw UFC 1 on VHS at blockbuster and had my dad rent it for me. Over the next couple months, UFC 2 and 3 followed. So yeah, I credit Renzo/Oleg for hooking me into MMA.

Back