Picture from fights that got you hooked on MMA

41654715_492814524551844_1251604768547719709_n.jpg

RIP Kid.

I watched season one of TUF. I didn’t even realize there were events till after watching the whole season. They were running promos for one of the Tito chuck fight. I stole my moms credit card and watched it after she fell asleep because she’d never let me watch fighting.
419.jpg
Your mother and I reviewed that months credit card statement. I told her I was proud of you and not to ground you. I love you son.

1984-rickson-gracie-vs-casemiro-nascimento-martins-ii-rei-zulu.jpg

Rickson vs Rei Zulu 2 from 1984.

Saw this on grainy videotape in 1992 and instructor told us that Rickson was the greatest fighter in the world.

T
1984-rickson-gracie-vs-casemiro-nascimento-martins-ii-rei-zulu.jpg

Rickson vs Rei Zulu 2 from 1984.

Saw this on grainy videotape in 1992 and instructor told us that Rickson was the greatest fighter in the world.
The original fight is from before I was born. I'm watching it now on Youtube.

UFC 1...as a rasslin fan at the time, Ken Shamrock, back then, was my favorite, mostly because of his look.images.jpeg

T

The original fight is from before I was born. I'm watching it now on Youtube.

Yep, we watched both of them in class in 1992. I wasn't sold on Rickson until the rematch which showed first wasn't a fluke. Zulu trained BJJ for 4 years and still got schooled.

By the way, if you watch any of Zulu's other fights from the 70's, he was a monster. Like proto-Ngannou with ground game. Fight Finder doesn't list his earlier fights but supposedly he was acknowledged as the top Vale Tudo fighter in Brazil before he fought Rickson.

Last edited:
Brawk vs Min Soo Kim back in 2007. He brought me in.

Back