PICTURE: Dana White Reponds to Alcantara vs. Nobre NC

Dude knew he was in trouble and faked getting hit in the back of the head to avoid a loss. Embarrassing.

Dana White ‏@danawhite
That was BS!!! Pedro is an award winning actor and horrible call by Dan M

He knew he was outmatched. I can't say for sure but it looked pretty dubious.

That was my initial impression as well, knew he was getting beat badly, and jumped on the chance to have the ref stop it.

Terrible call, robbed Yuri of probably a win, a finish, his win bonus and maybe a Fight Night bonus.

Bullshit.

The elbow landed on the ear, that was some bs.

The way that fight played out wasn't totally Dan's fault. He stopped the fight to warn the guy to be careful about hitting his opponant in the back of the head. Then it seemed like the guy on the bottom, who had clearly been losing the fight up to that point, just refused to go on so the fight was rulled a no contest. Most of the blame for the way things turned out should rest with the guy who refused to go on.

Embarassing! This dude doesn't deserve to be called a fighter.

They need to hook yuri up with a better fight and never let Nobre fight again in the ufc..
Those where legal shots IMO after seeing dif angles..
Alcantara deserves better competition anyways..

Last edited:
2eedg6h.png

Uncle Dana agrees

Dana White‏@danawhite

That was BS!!! Pedro is an award winning actor and horrible call by Dan M

Fighters who get ktfo leave the octagon with less help than he did. What a terrible way to end a fight.

he got punched in the back of the head twice after the elbow to the ear... but they were pretty soft punches... but rules are rules
the guy probably stayed down hoping hed get the win by DQ so he can pick up a bigger cheque lol

Prepare to feel the wrath of DW!

right on dana

he may have been hurt and wanted out

but his reaction for 10 min after, and walking out the cage. disappointing

Not surprised. I kind of agree, although I don't think it is all Big Dan's fault.

Back