Pics from my first fight

Looks like he was trying to punch you in the nuts. What once gloves are they?

68940_167922856553583_100000076086218_583178_4425449_n.jpg

This my friend, this is intentional.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt. This punch was after a missed front kick, so the momentum may have carried him to that level. He never again came close to hitting me in the groin.

Others in the crowd have said it was intentional. Either way it did not matter. I took the time to compose myself and proceeded to win that round. Nut shot or not, I needed to bring a bigger gas tank and more "ring knowledge" on how not to gas myself.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt. This punch was after a missed front kick, so the momentum may have carried him to that level. He never again came close to hitting me in the groin.

Others in the crowd have said it was intentional. Either way it did not matter. I took the time to compose myself and proceeded to win that round. Nut shot or not, I needed to bring a bigger gas tank and more "ring knowledge" on how not to gas myself.

Fair enough, but in my experience "accidental" groin shot rarely hit you flush in the genitals, that and it seems that your opponent was aiming.

Nut shot or not, I needed to bring a bigger gas tank and more "ring knowledge" on how not to gas myself.

This is the correct attitude. Work on the things that you can actually control, and nevermind the rest. Good job getting in there, and good job being classy in-defeat.

Looks like he was trying to punch you in the nuts. What once gloves are they?

16 oz. Which I find odd. We are allowed head kicks/knees to body/shoulder chucks which can all cause serious damage but only 16oz gloves. It is hard to really cause any swelling/lacerations with 16 oz gloves.

I always like hearing about peoples first fights on these forums good job and keep up the good work. Cardio is the most important aspect of fighting and is something that you always need to be working on.

I always like hearing about peoples first fights on these forums good job and keep up the good work. Cardio is the most important aspect of fighting and is something that you always need to be working on.

Thanks. Now that I have an idea of what level I need to achieve it will make getting ready for the next fight easier. Though other fighters in our gym tried to help me out it was more of a "you will find out how far away you are from how much you need after your first fight, don't sweat it".

Back