Pick one lift

This is like asking me to pick just one boob.

If I had to pick one lift it would be anything overhead, so the bar would be high enough to drop onto whatever overlord is forcing me to only do one lift. Then I would become overlord and declare the Saint Wilhelms Church of S&P as the official religion. I would convene a secret meeting of brethren to come up with a final solution for curl monkeys. There would be daily rations of CBH for all. And finally, all women would be required to squat, often.

On paper that sounds pretty good.

I voted Clean and Jerk. Builds strength, power, all over the body.

deadlift is the most practical, but overhead squats would be the best all-around exercise.

I voted squats because it's the right answer.

If you had to pick one lift to do and you could do any others what would you pick? I personally think squats are by far the most impotant lift for athletes. not that other lifts an't good, but your upper body can get pretty strong from just grappling and calistenics

Fuck you. I pick them all.

Clean and Press. You get the pull, the squat (to some degree) and the OHP. Coordination and strength.

Deadlift for me, Part of the reason of course is because its my best lift and i enjoy it.

Clean, back squat, overhead squat are next for me

They were having a sale on "for dummies" books at Barnes and Noble this past weekend. I bought "Having a Sense of Humor for Dummies" and "Internet Forums and How to Avoid Being Banned for Dummies." I guess you missed the sale.

did you see 'inventing for dummies?' i shit you not, it exists.

Btw- stupid thread

in theory, sure. in reality, there are certain lifts that are more important than others, and those should be the focus. of course, indicators are individual things. certain people (like me) set up their programs so that cleans are by far the best sign of where an athlete is at physically. you could probably use snatches as well (especially if your sport is more speed dependent, or you have already reached a high level in the clean), but i dont. sometimes athletes are different and you have to use a backup plan, but in general the idea stays the same.

I chose snatch because I didn't see overhead squat in there.

Snatch is probably the better of the two but I can handle more weight with the overhead squat and I think I could sneak snatches into an overhead squat anyways.

in theory, sure. in reality, there are certain lifts that are more important than others, and those should be the focus. of course, indicators are individual things. certain people (like me) set up their programs so that cleans are by far the best sign of where an athlete is at physically. you could probably use snatches as well (especially if your sport is more speed dependent, or you have already reached a high level in the clean), but i dont. sometimes athletes are different and you have to use a backup plan, but in general the idea stays the same.

that and....its been done many times before (the thread I mean).

I wonder if there should be a consensus that instead of creating new threads people should bring back old ones and see if the opinions have differed since the original replies.

By the way, I'd have said OH squat if I could only do one lift forever more.

that and....its been done many times before (the thread I mean).

I wonder if there should be a consensus that instead of creating new threads people should bring back old ones and see if the opinions have differed since the original replies.

i like that idea.

Back