Pick one lift

symphonyx547**

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If you had to pick one lift to do and you could do any others what would you pick? I personally think squats are by far the most impotant lift for athletes. not that other lifts an't good, but your upper body can get pretty strong from just grappling and calistenics

This question has been asked 15698453215549855121 times on every training forum in existance.

JPC indeed.

I choose 1/8 preacher curls with 2 'spotters' who scream at me and tell me how fucking strong and manly I am.

If I had to pick one lift it would be anything overhead, so the bar would be high enough to drop onto whatever overlord is forcing me to only do one lift. Then I would become overlord and declare the Saint Wilhelms Church of S&P as the official religion. I would convene a secret meeting of brethren to come up with a final solution for curl monkeys. There would be daily rations of CBH for all. And finally, all women would be required to squat, often.

Standard lift I would say deadlift, if compound lifts are allowed I would agree with clean and press.

JPC indeed.

I choose 1/8 preacher curls with 2 'spotters' who scream at me and tell me how fucking strong and manly I am.

Ahh, your 1/8 preachers trump my 1/4.... well played sir.

Back