(pic) What do you think of the brazilian version poster for UFC 166?

I swear it sounds like some people are saying you can't be American if you are latino :icon_lol: There are millions of Latino Americans, he's a Mexican American not Mexican.

'History will be written by the winner'

poster_ufc166-rep.jpg

needs brighter lighting imo.

Cain is not holding that flag..... Looks like a bad shoop.

The guy doesn't even speak Spanish.

I must be Italian, Scandivian, French then. It's in my blood.

Doesn't he speak Spanish?

He's both Mexican and American, as his father was Mexican and his mother was American. Who he wishes to represent is his own choice.

Are your three parents Italian, Scandinavian and French?

dude wtf, he has said that he spoke spanish all the time with his parents as a kid but afterwards begin to forget it because of living by himself, social life in the US, etc.

both his parents and up are mexican, doesn't get more mexican (precisely) than that.

Being born in mexico would make cain more mexican.

Also, being raised in mexico would make him more mexican.

As is, he is an american. It bothers me that he doesn't at least hold both. He cares about the country that his parents went out of their way to leave to raise him in America, but not America itself, where he has lived his entire life. It seems pathetic.

I have the style guid for this event and the posters are the same. In the US they just choose not to use the one with the flags, but they are both made by an American company!

Well then i stand corrected. I just went by the flyer but you did your work.

Apologies.

Dana is as greedy as they come!

ahahahahahaha, yeah, you sucked in this topic.

The guy doesn't even speak Spanish.

I must be Italian, Scandivian, French then. It's in my blood.

He's what Mexicans call Chicano (Mexican blooded born and raised in the US)

He does speak that cut off Chicano Spanish, but it's not full blown El Goyito Mexican spanish.

As is, he is an american. It bothers me that he doesn't at least hold both. He cares about the country that his parents went out of their way to leave to raise him in America, but not America itself, where he has lived his entire life. It seems pathetic.

This is a really, really good post...

So the education he received at home was mexican right!

The morals that were passed on to him, were in fact mexican morals!

So, although the superficial elements like his schooling and his birth location (i dont expect you to understand this, unless you come from an international background) are important in your makeup, they dont really make up your nationality!

In fact, most passports say, Place of Birth and Nationality.

You are joking, right? People on here never cease to amaze me. Mexican is NOT a race, for God's sake. It is a nationality. His RACE is Hispanic. His NATIONALITY is American. NEITHER of those are MEXICAN. His parents are Mexican. ALL, and I mean ALL that makes him is of Mexican descent. He is not a Mexican, and he can never be a Mexican.

Actually, Hispanic is not a race, it's an ethnicity. Within the American context, there five races: White, Black, Asian, Native American/Alaskan, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander.

Anyway, I like the Mexican poster best. Cain should obviously be in front, given that he's the champ. But if we're doing flags, then he should clearly be holding an American flag.

i think the brazilian poster is kind of goofy

Is there such a thing as a blood American?

native_american.jpg

jk

as far as I'm concerned, if you are born in the US you're american, if you are born in Brazil you're brazilian and so on. That doesn't mean anyone needs to forget their roots, though I have no idea about mine and don't really give a shit.

So the education he received at home was mexican right!

The morals that were passed on to him, were in fact mexican morals!

So, although the superficial elements like his schooling and his birth location (i dont expect you to understand this, unless you come from an international background) are important in your makeup, they dont really make up your nationality!

In fact, most passports say, Place of Birth and Nationality.

His place of birth is America.

His nationality is American.

He lives in America.

His family lives in America.

He is, 100% completely, totally american in every single way, in every definition.

Not a fan of the Brazil or Mexico one. I like the US poster the best.

Looks pretty corny, IMO.

both his parents and up are mexican, doesn't get more mexican (precisely) than that. .

What is Mexican? Seriously. Mexican is not an ethnicity, it's a nationality. Why do I say that? Because there are Mexicans of all races and ethnicities, and they are all equally Mexican. Their ethnicity, or blood, is not what makes them Mexican, it's their being raised in that country and its society. There are Mexicans of mostly Spanish blood, and Mexicans of mostly indio blood. There are Mexicans of Lebanese blood, and Hungarian blood. Mexico, like the United States, didn't exist before Europeans came over and started interbreeding with each other and the natives. A Mexican is simply a person who lives in Mexico, regardless of their ethnicity. Is there some specific blend of Nahua and Spanish blood that makes one more of a Mexican than someone with Spanish and Lebanese blood who was born in Mexico? No. They're both Mexican because of where they live, not because of their ethnicities.

Saying he's "Mexican blood" is stupid. If he was born and raised in Mexico and had Mexican citizenship, he'd be a Mexican. If he was born and raised in the US and had US citizenship, he'd be American. Is an Italian-ethnicity Brazilian not a Brazilian because of his blood? No. Every country in the Americas is a melting pot; unless you're of pure indigenous blood stop pretending you have "Mexican" blood. It's just as silly as "American" blood. Unless you accept that there's such a thing as "American blood," which most don't.

What a load of bullshit. There is a recent interview of Cain at the Mayweather/Canelo fight speaking Spanish in an interview.

His Spanish is very broken, he learned it later in life because of his ethnicity crisis.
However when it comes to the New World, who cares what nationality you choose to represent?

Back