Pic: Rose About to Spar With Gaethje in Preparation for Andrade Fight

Attagirl

SoreMealyBuzzard-size_restricted.gif

If she still looked like this ^^^ she would be getting the media opportunities PVZ gets (while being literally half the fighter).

I assume there is a fan base for butch looking girls but she would likely make a lot more money (Which is the point isn't it?) if she were to go back to some semblance of femininity.

This can come off as off topic but it's not really, because this is an ability Justin clearly possesses and which Rose clearly benefits in a big way from...

Question for those who currently spar at MMA gyms regularly: does your gym have sparring partners who can tone their power down while still going full speed with their strikes and TD/sub attempts?

I ask because that ability should be sought after by each and every combat sports and self defense gym. If elite fighters become able to do that, I really think that is how you make combat sports take shit to the next level.

Imagine if fighters like Overeem were able to do that...combat sports talent and skill level is never going to stop evolving if truly well rounded fighters keep developing that ability to spar full speed without unleashing their full striking power and complete avoidance of cranking their submissions.

Save it for the fights and you'll get fighters experiencing less injuries, who have and put on less mileage, which means higher level fights getting scheduled more often while not getting scrapped as much as they used to.

Last edited:
If she still looked like this ^^^ she would be getting the media opportunities PVZ gets (while being literally half the fighter).

I assume there is a fan base for butch looking girls but she would likely make a lot more money (Which is the point isn't it?) if she were to go back to some semblance of femininity.
Rose recently got a special Reebok deal/partnership, despite her buzz cut.

Rose Namajunas announces Reebok partnership
By MMA Fighting Newswire Feb 20, 2019
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/2/20/18234148/rosa-namajunas-announces-reebok-partnership

"Though every fighter in the UFC is required to wear Reebok during fight week and on the walk to the Octagon, only a handful have at one point or another been signed to individual sponsorship deals, including the likes of Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey, Paige VanZant, Chris Weidman, Joanna Jedrzejczyk, and Sage Northcutt."

This can come off as off topic but it's not really, because this is an ability Justin clearly possesses and which Rose clearly benefits in a big way from...

Question for those who currently spar at MMA gyms regularly: does your gym have sparring partners who can tone their power down while still going full speed with their strikes and TD/sub attempts?

I ask because that ability should be sought after by each and every combat sports and self defense gym. If elite fighters become able to do that, I really think that is how you make combat sports take shit to the next level.

Imagine if fighters like Overeem were able to do that...combat sports talent and skill level is never going to stop evolving if truly well rounded fighters keep developing that ability to spar full speed without unleashing their full striking power and complete avoidance of cranking their submissions.

Save it for the fights and you'll get fighters experiencing less injuries, who have and put on less mileage, which means higher level fights getting scheduled more often while not getting scrapped as much as they used to.
I was never able to go full speed, half power. It seems like a skill in and of itself.

If she still looked like this ^^^ she would be getting the media opportunities PVZ gets (while being literally half the fighter)

She comes off as the type that doesn't want all that shit

It brings me great shame to say, but I'd probably be so timid during a sparring match with Gaethje he'd probably chop my leg off in annoyance.

Stocky, hard hitting wrestlers turn me into a point sparring kareteka too quick xD

That and ppl with mean streaks to sparring partners like Jacare.

Gaethje is super nice to her in sparring tho id imagine

Work your TDD, explosion, scrambling, shadowboxing (full arsenal, including TDD and not just boxing), lift to increase functional strength, eat healthier and run more often upon proper paths and with the right footwear for your feet.

My anti-wrestling is good and is only ever really challenged by actual wrestlers who stay committed to that art. Yours can be too.

I'm lazy and get by on smarts, pressure fighters can offend me too at times but they usually need the length and the know-how behind striking in order to try me.

I imagine you're not as lazy as me, but even if you are I just gave you all the advice I can without actually knowing who you are. If you're actually thankful, hmu in some months or some shit and lemme know how it goes.

I was never able to go full speed, half power. It seems like a skill in and of itself.

Right? If I'm not wrong, being able to do that defies atleast one law of physics or some shit...

I think you turn your strikes more into slaps/taps which you retract immediately upon impact, and at the same time that helps you get better control of your footwork as well as all not fuck up muscle memory?

I'm too sick atm, I can't articulate it as well as I normally can.

I'm a noname too, and while I know I'm good at what I try to do, I'm not about to start not listening to another coach &/or fighter providing different takes on things.

Look up Muay Thai sparring, you'll see alot of full power and full speed shit, but you'll come across gyms that know better/do better.

Last edited:
Rose is not physically imposing in the slightest.

Unless she can choke out Andrade I think she’s getting tko’d

Andrade is like a mini-Kelvin with a pussy.

The point for Rose is winning. Spending time fussing with hair doesn't help her win, in her opinion.

Work your TDD, explosion, scrambling, shadowboxing (full arsenal, including TDD and not just boxing), lift to increase functional strength, eat healthier and run more often upon proper paths and with the right footwear for your feet.

My anti-wrestling is good and is only ever really challenged by actual wrestlers who stay committed to that art. Yours can be too.

I'm lazy and get by on smarts, pressure fighters can offend me too at times but they usually need the length and the know-how behind striking in order to try me.

I imagine you're not as lazy as me, but even if you are I just gave you all the advice I can without actually knowing who you are. If you're actually thankful, hmu in some months or some shit and lemme know how it goes.

See, my TDD is actually REALLY good for what little wrestling I have
The problem is, my striking defense and offensive output are crippled when im in TDD mode.
Also, i always feel physically strong against strikers and BJJ guys but often feel outpowered against wrestlers

Just feels like a bad matchup

Yeah, there are some very experienced fighters at my gym that could easily fuck me up without effort but they can tone it down to a level where I myself can learn plenty for them while it still serves them for their conditioning.

Definitely a game changer for sure and I honestly feel more at ease sparring with some killers than some other fighters that are worse but lack control/have ego issues.

maybe 20% - in the back of his head he had to be thinking what if I accidentally hurt her and Pat is around.
Pat Barry is a bum. Glassiest chin ever, no TDD, no grappling and he is small for a HW.

I would put money on Justin, no joke. Easy takedown.. dominates from there. The size difference would not matter there. Barry is a can.

lol he won't throw anything to hurt her. he could put her in a coma if for real. he will probably just block everything and pretend that some stuff hurts.

See, my TDD is actually REALLY good for what little wrestling I have
The problem is, my striking defense and offensive output are crippled when im in TDD mode.
Also, i always feel physically strong against strikers and BJJ guys but often feel outpowered against wrestlers

Just feels like a bad matchup

Ahhh, I see what you mean. There's still hope though. With or without the strength levels being an even playing field, the match up can end up being in your favor. With this in mind, reread my original advice after checking this comment out.

Engage in controlled and live sparring with non-wrestlers first who you have told to utilize that pressure style, all while focusing on remaining game with TDD in mind.

Good tips are defending takedowns that are attempted during firefights in the phone booth, you already know you both have very little space between you and both offense and defense are equally crucial in this scenario, so it works on reaction time like a motherfucker

Work on limp legging, stuffing, underhooks, overhooks, over-underhooks, reversing takedowns, working in the middle of the cage/mats and up against the cage/mats.

Afterwards you will eventually be a bad match up for wrestlers instead of them being a bad match up for you. Maybe you won't be Israel Adesanya or Robert Whitaker, but you might just feel like them whenever you're fighting a wrestler

I'm probably not as in shape or fit as you, but I don't have trouble with anybody who isn't the same length as me, and even then all I gotta do is take their back and choke em out. Maybe try to get some fail safe go-to subs that you learn all about, like Mr. Ezekial Choke. If you are always having to work your bottom game because they're wrestlers, there's your place to start from when it comes to working on your subs, submission-transitions, sweeps/reversals.

My RNC is there no matter where the fight takes place as long as I can see or get to their back. Being an MMA historian/scribe of sorts can really up your game, learn all high percentage moves and master them while still learning and recognizing both low and high risk high-reward low percentage moves for what they are.

Yeah, there are some very experienced fighters at my gym that could easily fuck me up without effort but they can tone it down to a level where I myself can learn plenty for them while it still serves them for their conditioning.

Definitely a game changer for sure and I honestly feel more at ease sparring with some killers than some other fighters that are worse but lack control/have ego issues.
I think you said everything that I was trying to, but better. I hate being sick! lol

But yeah, right!? That skill is seriously invaluable and changes everything about sparring, especially how it gives way more benefits with way less risk of injury.

I am with you %100 on preferring to spar highly disciplined well trained killers rather than people that lack control &/or have issues with their ego.

Pat Barry is a bum. Glassiest chin ever, no TDD, no grappling and he is small for a HW.

I would put money on Justin, no joke. Easy takedown.. dominates from there. The size difference would not matter there. Barry is a can.
<LikeReally5><Huh2><41>

<{fry}>

im surprised Pat even gives the greenlight for her to keep shaving that skull
i'd never encourage or endorse a girl of mine to shave her head bald for the sake of just doing it

Back