*Pic* Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Gadelha media scorecard. 12 out of 14 thought Gadelha won

Big JJ fan but I thought she lost by most modern judging.

The rematch is interesting. I think Joanna looks better next time.

It was close but not a kind of fight that could've gone either way imo.

Gadelha clearly won,but i think in a 5 round fight she'll lose.

She won every min of the fight outside of that massive shot at the end of the first round.

True it wasnt a dominating performance and was mainly clinching against the cage but she initiated it and was making jj defend the whole fight

Gadelha won.

Lol @ people saying she lost because of a criteria that doesn't exist or because they don't like the one used today.

Close fight but Gadelha won if you know how to score a fight properly.

JJ won if you are a spoiled fan that hates boring parts of fights.

When that fight was over i was pretty happy because i was rooting for JJ but in reality i thought it was a bad decision because Gadelha won more rounds.

Well, it seems 'Lie Detector' broke it all down quite well, so I will just repost what he said.

No analysis which includes "humps her leg" is worth quoting as unbiased and objective

Joanna "Paper" Champion?

Was close fight. Glad rematch is happening.

That's cool bro.

Joanna not only won she deserved to win that fight. You've never seen someone do so little after securing a takedown, other than maybe Hendricks vs. Condit. Which, by the way, Condit should have won.

You remember the fight wrong and/or are very biased towards Joanna. Joanna landed 38 significant strikes according to Fightmetric, Gadelha 27. Gadelha landed 7 takedowns, Joanna 0. Gadelha had 1 sub attempt and 2 pass, Joanna 0. Thats why people scored the fight for Gadelha.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/70d69cf33984d7d1

That link breaks down the strikes further than just totals. Half of Gadelha's volume was clinch strikes between failed TD attempts and a handful of ground strikes over 3 rounds.

Going even further, focusing on the first 2 rounds there's a reasonable argument just going by that source to give Joanna those rounds for the 29-28 dec. win(esp. when that includes the round with the knockdown and near finish).

JJ won because she landed that uppercut in the 1st. Besides that Claudia controlled the fight with her grappling.
JJ has some good title fights tho so its all good and CG getting her shot.

Most media thought Hendricks won the 2nd Lawler fight.

But that doesn't matter anymore because:

robbie-lawler-ufc-1811.jpg

At this point it doesn't even matter. If she can't finish Joanna within 2, she's going to be too gassed to do anything for the rest of the fight.

Her best chance to win was in the first fight due to it being 3 rounds.

actually her strongest round was the third in the first fight.

Yea I'm obviously not a judge, but I didn't feel that Gadelha won. She just sort of kept trying to push JJ against the cage and get takedown but didn't get any. In the process she ate a lot of clinch shots, jabs, some power punches, and even got knocked down.

Gadelha won.

Lol @ people saying she lost because of a criteria that doesn't exist or because they don't like the one used today.

The criteria is super vague. Effective damage is a criteria. JJ won that clearly, even while Gadelha was trying to hold her and get takedowns. So it's hard to say that theres no criteria that JJ won by.

The criteria is super vague. Effective damage is a criteria. JJ won that clearly, even while Gadelha was trying to hold her and get takedowns. So it's hard to say that theres no criteria that JJ won by.

effective striking, not damage

Im don't even remember the fight that well but I tend to agree with Sherdog play by play almost all the time. They had Gadhella winning. I'm not so sure how she's going to do in five rounds though from what I heard she was gassed in the third and I think JJ could do a hard 4/5 to win the fight.

Back