*Pic* Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Gadelha media scorecard. 12 out of 14 thought Gadelha won

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by wowspare, Aug 3, 2015.

1. wowspare

wowspare Brown Belt

[​IMG]

I thought Joanna won, but it was indeed a close fight and I can't wait for the rematch. I remember Gadelha held her own in the striking exchanges as well.

And that 30-27 score is just ridiculous.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  2. Pierced7681

Pierced7681 Black Belt

And 95 percent of sherdog thinks joanna won

3. lsa

lsa Maître d' at The Pussy Lounge

The rematch will be good!
    I am looking forward to it.

4. Internet Fairy

Internet Fairy Yellow Belt

Interesting stuff, thanks.
    Excited for the rematch!

5. NatoHoro

NatoHoro Brown Belt

I also thought Gadelha won.
    It was a good and close fight.

6. A_bomb47

A_bomb47 Wha happan to you Sherdog?

IMO Gadelha won as well.
    Good thing this rematch is happening so it can be settled.

There aren't any other legitimate contenders anyway.

7. HeexX

HeexX Silver Belt

I also remember thinking Gadelha won. However after that late blow, I was hoping Joanna would get it.

:)

8. Fox by the Sea

Fox by the Sea Lighthouse keeper Platinum Member

looking fw to their next one

9. MMAcolyte

MMAcolyte Black Belt

I thought Claudia won too, but I was thrilled she lost after she threw that blatantly late shot. Claudia had a lot of success with takedowns, which is why I bet on Esparza to beat JJ. Looks like Joanna's TDD has improved a lot, and Claudia's no joke on the feet so it should be a great fight. Very much looking forward to it and I'll be cheering my heart out for Joanna

10. kappaz

kappaz Blue Belt

I thought Gadelha won the fight but you're 100% right. How the hell did anybody give her the first round? she got dropped and almost got finished.

11. acewayne

acewayne Green Belt

At this point it doesn't even matter. If she can't finish Joanna within 2, she's going to be too gassed to do anything for the rest of the fight.

Her best chance to win was in the first fight due to it being 3 rounds.

12. Sigmafight

Sigmafight Banned Banned

Jenchauihcuyiasgcuyascgasyu did more damage if i remember correctly

13. SouthSide971

SouthSide971 Green Belt

In b4 butthurt whiteknight

14. KhabibTheBeagle

KhabibTheBeagle Papi de la Sherdog

I thought Gadelha won, but I'm happy that Joanna got the nod. I think Joanna takes the rematch, her TDD has improved dramatically, and she can't stand with Joanna for 5 rounds.

15. EazyEismydad

EazyEismydad Blue Belt

Each clearly won a round. It depends how you score the first. Claudia's control or Joanna's knockdown. Personally I like to choose the person that did the most damage so I'd go with Joanna.

16. SimonNova

SimonNova Worship and forget

Always felt like the judges punished her for that late punch.

17. Rational Poster

Rational Poster War Room Messiah Platinum Member

Damage is not a scoring criteria.

18. fandangler101

fandangler101 Brown Belt

Joanna will demolish her in the rematch. I like Claudia, but she's got that Nova Unaio cardio (shit). The fight was close because it was 3 rounds. No way she bangs it out with Joanna over 25 minutes.

19. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Red Belt

No, Joanna`s tdd hasnt improved "dramatically" since last December. Gadelha is just a lot bigger and stronger (and overall better) fighter than Esparza or Penne. Thats the main reason Gadelha managed to get Joanna down while Carla and Penne couldnt. Gadelha and Joanna are former flyweights, Penne is a former atomweight and Carla could easily fight at atomweight too. Joanna had a big size advantage over them, which she doesnt have at all against Gadelha.

Logically that doesnt make sense considering the last round was the clearest round Gadelha won. Expect Joanna to gas also in later rounds against Gadelha, especially in a grappling heavy fight. They both cut a lot of weight.

20. That209

That209 Gold Belt

Dan Quinn's house learning hands of steel
    But, she didn't.

All she did after getting knocked down in the first was try to push Joanna against the fence, fail TD's over and over, and when she did score on, Joanna was up in seconds.

Joanna landed all the meaningful strikes. Even when her back was against the fence, she was hitting Gadelha while Gadelha was relying on control.

The scoring criteria is geared towards fighters that do this kind of stuff. The only reason people probably think Gadelha won is because so many fights are scored this way, where one fighter put the other against the fence or took them down and did very little, meanwhile the other fighter was constantly hitting their opponent. It's just the way it is, unfortunately.

I scored it for Joanna because she was actually doing something. She wasn't relying on control, stalling against the fence and failing TD's. She was constantly hitting Gadelha even when she was being hugged against the fence.

It's ridiculous that the scoring criteria will reward a fighter with the win simply because they hugged their opponent without doing any damage the entire time, even though the other fighter was constantly attacking with strikes and defending all the shit their opponent does. But simply holding them against the fence is enough to get a win. A vicious hug > hitting your opponent, apparently.

It's proof that the scoring criteria was made up by very uneducated people. They score TD's as if they were knockdowns most of the time.

Holloway/Bermudez round 2 is the perfect example of what's wrong with the scoring criteria.

Joanna won that fight. The only reason people think Gadelha won is because that's just the way scoring criteria is. Holding your opponent against the fence and doing nothing, or taking them down and doing nothing because your opponent has great defense and gets up very, very quickly > constantly hitting your opponent.

It's sad that someone can literally hug their opponent and do little to nothing and get the win while the other fighter was working with strikes the entire time. It's really, really sad, in my opinion.

Only way Gadelha can win is if she holds Joanna for dear life like in the first fight, but no way can she do that for 5 rounds. Joanna KO's her in the rematch, it's only a matter of time before Gadelha gets put away.

We need champions like Joanna. Fighters who go out there and always put on a great show. No a fighter who is content with holding on for dear life, stalling and waiting out the clock when they're getting destroyed on the feet with ease.

Joanna won that fight. The people who think Gadelha won need to realize how flawed the scoring criteria is and awarding fighters for their stalling ability. Gadelha held onto Joanna for dear life and ran out the clock as long as possible. Joanna hit her the entire time. Gadelha hugged her as hard as she could but thankfully, the judges didn't score bullshit, just like they didn't score it in the Hendricks/Lawler rematch.

I expect tons to disagree with me - but you know damn well that the scoring criteria is fucked up and that Gadelha literally did everything she could to stall in that fight. She was content on holding Joanna against the fence and failing TD's to make herself look active, much like Diego Sanchez did against BJ Penn after the first round. Stall against the fence, level change, then go back to stalling against the fence so the ref won't separate them.

We should not reward a fighter for viciously hugging their opponent against the fence, stalling and running out the clock as long as possible while their opponent (the one being hugged for dear life) is constantly hitting them and defending.

It's only going to get worse as the years go on. It has gotten so bad in the last 5 years, it's ridiculous. There's so many fighters that are content on stalling and not fighting and they are constantly rewarded the win. It's fucking pathetic. It really is.

Rage on.