[PIC] Demian Maia sidelined due to staph infection

Goddamn, that is really hard to look at. I had it a few years back, but nowhere near that bad. It just looked like a massive spider bite, not a festering gunshot wound.

So for the most part, as long as you bathe and clean up the mats, you should be good?
You'd think someone who constantly rolls like Maia would make this mandatory.

Well I wish him a speedy recovery.

It's amazing how simple this is to avoid...and yet it still happens to folks who should know better.

Looks like The Thing got a fleshwound.

Nothing beats that Sherdog member who posted his staph infection....

giphy.gif

I have been wanting to sign up to a BJJ class but this has always been my worry.

Can someone answer this: If the mats/guy I roll with IS dirty, would it be enough to just thoroughly wash yourself from top to bottom after returning from training?
Or being clean yourself won't make it?

demian_maia_perna_instagram.jpg

According to Eduardo Alonso, Maia has already began to treat the infection on his left thigh and it's like the one he had on his shoulder last year.

Anybody knows how much time could it take for it to heal? I want to see Maia fight Gunnar Nelson ASAP! :icon_neut

Where's the pic?

Why did I open this ghastly thread

Found ZombieProphet's Staph. Look at ur own Risk

sherdog.jpg

Wtf all these images should have spoiler tags or some shit to hide them. People are trying to eat over here. F*cking gross.

Randleman's staph is the thing of nightmares.

Jesus Christ Maia, first bone infection and now this??? Clean your mats or something, because you're doing something SERIOUSLY wrong.

Back