[PIC] Demian Maia sidelined due to staph infection

I feel like he gets staph way too often. Someone needs to clean those mats.

You would be surprised on how some of the top gyms with top talent, not to mention top income compared to most schools have the worst fucking cleaning in the world. Anybody whose been to Renzo in Manhattan would know this, TOP level guys there, like 250 a month tuition, and possibly the worst mat maintenance I've ever seen. (This is my personal opinion)

You have to be really fucking dumb to let it get to that point

Nothing beats that Randleman staph

IDK. Mark Hunt's Staph was pretty heinous too.

mark-hunt-staph.png

These pictures are god awful.

Anyone remember the guy who posted here who had that nasty staff that ate through his Achilles?

This thread needs "caution" in the title.

And I was gonna grill brats tonight...

I got staph probably three times from mats several gyms ago. Assuming that hole is eraser size he probably would only have to be off the mats about a week, week and a half.

This thread needs "caution" in the title.

And I was gonna grill brats tonight...

Dude, it's a thread about staph with a [Pic] tag... I'm sorry man, but what did you expect.

So does staph infection only come from sweaty mats?

Sweaty mats, dirty people, lack of proper bathing...plus there's other types of staph you can get in a plethora of different ways.

Damn right when he had some good momentum. He's 36 so he ain't going to be around much longer. Hopefully he fights a top 5 guy when he's back.

wtf does it start small then just eat away all the way threw? you can see straight inside muscles and what not. does it only eat skin or other tissue also?

Sweaty mats, dirty people, lack of proper bathing...plus there's other types of staph you can get in a plethora of different ways.

So for the most part, as long as you bathe and clean up the mats, you should be good?
You'd think someone who constantly rolls like Maia would make this mandatory.

Well I wish him a speedy recovery.

Dude, it's a thread about staph with a [Pic] tag... I'm sorry man, but what did you expect.

I've seen staph. That looks like more like a wormhole. Or like where alien came out from in the movie.

Back