PHOTO: This is what happens when you dump your pet Goldfish in a lake

Damn bro real life magikarp

Once it kills all the other life forms in the river and establishes dominance it can become a Gyrados

Makes sense that the fat inbred fuck killed it.

They don't get to have the healthiest of diets
I was reading that in ancient Asia, they used to build latrines over pig pens and the pigs eat and derive nutrition from the waste. Disgusting but thought provoking at the same time

Reactions: Zer
surprised Hollywood haven't pick up this idea yet

I had a Thai neighbor that would eat anything out of the bay. He eats the damn gaffftop cats in the watershed. They're considered junk, but become way worse when they live in the warmer and muddy waters.
That’s nasty shit. Anything feeding in warm water like that next to a city is eating shit.

That used to happen in the lake near my parents place.

Goldfish apparently adapt to their home, if you leave them in a small fishbowl they stay small, put them in a bigger aquarium they grew a bit bigger, throw them in a pond or lake they get huge

1d17ba4ba43dead605aa9be7eff7df3a

https://www.yahoo.com/news/stop-tossing-pet-goldfish-lakes-132416162.html
I wonder if a fat goldfish like that 1 is good eatin

I just read a bit more about it . They ruin the flora of the lake by eating all of the bacteria and algae at the bottom, which causes a disruption in the lakes ecosystem. Its apparently a big problem in North America. people dumping their goldfishes in lakes and they multiply by tens of thousands.
I’m not sure it’s all people dumping their pets in the lake.

Goldfish make damn good catfish bait on trot lines (a line you sting across an open area with dozens of hooks with live bait in an attempt to catch big water catfish, Blue Cats, Flathead, etc). The bait is routinely hooked just below the dorsel fin in a non lethal manner to keep the bait fighting/swimming thus attracting a large catfish.

It’s not uncommon for the goldfish to work itself free and inhabit the lake. This is why most states make certain species of fish illegal to use as bait. I’m not sure on the status of Goldfish, but really they are just Carp with a pigment mutation, and all lakes have a healthy amount of native Carp, so I doubt that large Goldfish make an impact.

The story does highlight the vulnerability of waterways, and how easily they can be destroyed by nonnative species. I have fished all over America and the most prestine waters are in Montana, conversely they are also the biggest pain in the ass waterways to fish. You basically have to be a lawyer to understand their regulations, plus the crazy inspections you need just to enter their rivers/lakes. But honestly I’m glad the state realizes what they have, and are willing to protect that resource. Wish more states would take that approach.

I’m not sure it’s all people dumping their pets in the lake.

Goldfish make damn good catfish bait on trot lines (a line you sting across an open area with dozens of hooks with live bait in an attempt to catch big water catfish, Blue Cats, Flathead, etc). The bait is routinely hooked just below the dorsel fin in a non lethal manner to keep the bait fighting/swimming thus attracting a large catfish.

It’s not uncommon for the goldfish to work itself free and inhabit the lake. This is why most states make certain species of fish illegal to use as bait. I’m not sure on the status of Goldfish, but really they are just Carp with a pigment mutation, and all lakes have a healthy amount of native Carp, so I doubt that large Goldfish make an impact.

The story does highlight the vulnerability of waterways, and how easily they can be destroyed by nonnative species. I have fished all over America and the most prestine waters are in Montana, conversely they are also the biggest pain in the ass waterways to fish. You basically have to be a lawyer to understand their regulations, plus the crazy inspections you need just to enter their rivers/lakes. But honestly I’m glad the state realizes what they have, and are willing to protect that resource. Wish more states would take that approach.
Ain’t no Yankees up in minnesota setting trotlines for catfish. That’s some southern poverty shit.

Last edited:
Yeah. They are a member of the carp family so much like koi fish they adapt to their environment. That’s a big one though.

Exactly. Looks awesome. Also, with how we have used and discarded goldfish for decades, having them become part of our eco system seems like a fair end.

Theyre decimating local ecosystems. As sad as it is, theyve to be culled or the damage will be multiple times greater.

Theyre decimating local ecosystems. As sad as it is, theyve to be culled or the damage will be multiple times greater.
Oh are they “decimating local eco systems?” Hmm we have a lot of lakes around here and a lot of goldfish but I can’t think of any local ecosystems that have been “decimated.” They are big carp. We have huge carp here. You literally would not believe how big I’ve seen a carp. But uh, haven’t seen a large amount of huge goldfish or “decimated ecosystems.”

Do you have an example of one? Maybe some pics of one?

Oh are they “decimating local eco systems?” Hmm we have a lot of lakes around here and a lot of goldfish but I can’t think of any local ecosystems that have been “decimated.” They are big carp. We have huge carp here. You literally would not believe how big I’ve seen a carp. But uh, haven’t seen a large amount of huge goldfish or “decimated ecosystems.”

Do you have an example of one? Maybe some pics of one?

Why do you think im specifically talking about the ecosystem in the local area that you, a random sherdogger, live?

Im talking in general terms, goldfish have damaged a lot of local ecosystems when taken to the wrong continent.

There was a local Asian guy that was putting things in the local pond. He was using it as a breeding ground and selling to local Chinese take out places. I can’t remember what he was selling, but do remember they were highly invasive and killed the local fish.....Wasn’t gold fish but I remember they were scary looking.

Back