PHOTO: This is what happens when you dump your pet Goldfish in a lake

I just read a bit more about it . They ruin the flora of the lake by eating all of the bacteria and algae at the bottom, which causes a disruption in the lakes ecosystem. Its apparently a big problem in North America. people dumping their goldfishes in lakes and they multiply by tens of thousands.
I think things can adjust. They are orange carp.

Goldfish reintroduced to the environment are considered an invasive species, an organism that is not indigenous, or native, to a particular area that can cause great economic and environmental harm.

"Please don't release your pet goldfish into ponds and lakes! They grow bigger than you think and contribute to poor water quality by mucking up the bottom sediments and uprooting plants," the city said in a tweet.

The city has partnered with the city of Apple Valley and Carp Solutions to conduct a fish survey on Keller Lake to assess populations of invasive goldfish and other fish in the lake.

"Instead of releasing your pet goldfish in a local lake or pond, please consider other options for finding them a new home like asking a responsible friend or neighbor to care for it." the city of Burnsville said in a Facebook post.
Damn. Fuckers are just against fun and cool.

Should have let that big boy live…why kill a beautiful specimen like that..

I never understood the desire to kill majestic and unique animals. The more beautiful or unique the animal the more people are driven to want to kill it and mount it on their wall. Why not just take some pictures, get some video footage and let it live to pass on its genetics?

Invasive species are a huge problem, don’t release unwanted pets. Goldfish can easily live at least 25+ years, don’t be a douche and dump your pets.

Most people should not even own pets. The pet industry causes far more problems than good. It is an industry that either needs to be much more strictly regulated or completely abolished. I had a buddy who worked at a pet store and a big part of his job was basically shoveling dead animals out of the delivery trucks. He couldn't believe how many dead animals he saw everyday. He quit that job pretty quickly and hasn't gone near a pet store since.

I think the real question is how does someone return after getting banned?

Dammit. I coulda dumped my old fish in the lake instead of the garbage disposal.

<2>

Ok that's a magicarp. Dump some nuclear waste in that lake so it evolves into gyarados!
You moron, that's not how that works. Jumping over a waterfall evolves them in to gyarados, certain radio waves can evolve them in to shiny gyarados but then they rampage.

Was expecting it to look like the Simpson's 3 eyed fish. Are those roided out goldfish edible??

Was expecting it to look like the Simpson's 3 eyed fish. Are those roided out goldfish edible??
they likely taste horrible, since gold fish eat a lot of shit on the bottom, I heard they taste like what they eat so if they ate a lot of flakes and pellets the meat will taste like that. Apparently Carp taste flavorless but the reason people dont eat it is the bones too many tiny bones making it difficult to filet

they likely taste horrible, since gold fish eat a lot of shit on the bottom, I heard they taste like what they eat so if they ate a lot of flakes and pellets the meat will taste like that. Apparently Carp taste flavorless but the reason people dont eat it is the bones too many tiny bones making it difficult to filet

<mma4>

You should ask the Filipino neighbors. For sure they’ve eaten carp out of a drainage ditch.

Don’t tell Filipino people about that lake there will be a cookout.

I had a Thai neighbor that would eat anything out of the bay. He eats the damn gaffftop cats in the watershed. They're considered junk, but become way worse when they live in the warmer and muddy waters.

Back