Photo Of Floyd Mayweather's 40 Million Dollar Check

Because he's black? Reaching for the race card, lol. How about because he drops 200k on first halves of football games. I don't think that he is going to go broke, because he seems reasonably intelligent, but your response was weak.

I agree with you but because he has this kind of earning power all he'd have to do is play it smart one time.

He could support his entire family and himself off that check for the rest of his and his children's lives. The deck is really stacked in Floyd jr.'s favor and I'm happy for him; He should enjoy walking off into the sunset.

I agree with you but because he has this kind of earning power all he'd have to do is play it smart one time.

He could support his entire family and himself off that check for the rest of his and his children's lives. The deck is really stacked in Floyd jr.'s favor and I'm happy for him; He should enjoy walking off into the sunset.

its not that easy,what makes floyd who he is,is also what could be his downfall.he may refuse to give up the lifestyle hes created for himself,and at some point he cannot earn those 40 million dollar checks anymore. If you gamble and live lavishly and dont invest,that money will dry up no matter how much youve got. money is the kind of guy whose going to be dangerous amounts of money cos that is what makes the game worth it,the risk.

Why? Because he's black?

M. Spinks has done fine and Big George too

Hagler never needed to make a comeback so I guess he's doing good too

more likely because he spends money without regard, has not investments, and no income outside of boxin.

but hey lets play the race card!

The Mayweather crew started throwing around unsubstantiated claims that Pacquiao was on the juice after his win over a bigger stronger opponent, now that Mayweather has done the same, at an advanced age for a fighter no less, when do the fans press and other fighters turn the accusations on him is what I want to know?

"To fight the best. Fake the test."

Mayweather's already been implicated in a steroid scandal... accusing him of using steroids is nothing new.

Mayweather's already been implicated in a steroid scandal... accusing him of using steroids is nothing new.

I'm with Slasherzeta, never heard an accusation. I know Money team member and fellow Detroiter J'Leon Love tested dirty, but not Floyd.

more likely because he spends money without regard, has not investments, and no income outside of boxin.

but hey lets play the race card!

You have no idea what you're talking about. After every victory he always thanks his partners and sponsors. No investments? Have you heard of Mayweather Promotions? No income, hahaha, yea sure buddy keep reading the sun. The guy is a businessman, he will not just retire into the sunset he will stick around behind the scenes and still be hustlin'.

You have no idea what you're talking about. After every victory he always thanks his partners and sponsors. No investments? Have you heard of Mayweather Promotions? No income, hahaha, yea sure buddy keep reading the sun. The guy is a businessman, he will not just retire into the sunset he will stick around behind the scenes and still be hustlin'.

I'm not really interested in debating you about Floyd's overall financial well being, but it is worth noting that Mayweather Promotions consists of six fighters. Four of which are himself, J'Leon Love: recently suspended for ped's, Mickey Bey: his return bout from a ped suspension resulted in a bone crunching knockout loss, and Ishe Smith: lost his title in his hometown and could possibly be the human cure for insomnia.

How's Philthy Rich Recordings doing by the way? Just signed a new act? MC Such 'n' Such?

About a year ago Thomas Hauser (one of the better boxing reporters and the guy leading the boxing press' campaign against PED abuse) reported the story that Mayweather had failed three USDA drug tests but each one had been hushed up by an "inadvertent use exemption"; essentially USDA can quash any A sample positive drug tests and not require the B sample to also be tested by stating that they believe the failure came about due to inadvertent use. As the B sample has not been found positive they then can't publicise it and it doesn't go down a positive test. The entire thing is hushed up and few people know about it outside rumours. Gabriel Montoya was also informed of this from a separate source.

What gives the story slightly more weight is that during the Mayweather/Pacquaio lawsuit over PED use the Mayweather side went from snarling defiance to desperately settling as soon as Pacquiao's side started the discovery process; including asking for documents relating to the rumour. Mayweather's side originally tried to squash those discovery documents and when that was thrown out, basically gave up, knelt down and gave Pac's side whatever they wanted.

Unfortunately Golden Boy got the story buried through legal threats; a website like MaxBoxing wouldn't be able to fund a legal defence if they were sued and I doubt their insurer (legal expenses or otherwise) would be happy to carry the risk. What makes it even more unfortunate is that as well as the stuff about Mayweather there was some concrete things about the pretty ludicrous relationship between VADA, USDA, promoters and the state athletic commissions, specifically with how they all interacted and dealt with the farces around Peterson, Berto and Morales all testing positive.

Well I'll be...

Thanks for posting, consortium11.

We're through the looking glass here people.

Geez. I need money for my university fees. Can I get some Mister Mayweather?

About a year ago Thomas Hauser (one of the better boxing reporters and the guy leading the boxing press' campaign against PED abuse) reported the story that Mayweather had failed three USDA drug tests but each one had been hushed up by an "inadvertent use exemption"; essentially USDA can quash any A sample positive drug tests and not require the B sample to also be tested by stating that they believe the failure came about due to inadvertent use. As the B sample has not been found positive they then can't publicise it and it doesn't go down a positive test. The entire thing is hushed up and few people know about it outside rumours. Gabriel Montoya was also informed of this from a separate source.

What gives the story slightly more weight is that during the Mayweather/Pacquaio lawsuit over PED use the Mayweather side went from snarling defiance to desperately settling as soon as Pacquiao's side started the discovery process; including asking for documents relating to the rumour. Mayweather's side originally tried to squash those discovery documents and when that was thrown out, basically gave up, knelt down and gave Pac's side whatever they wanted.

Unfortunately Golden Boy got the story buried through legal threats; a website like MaxBoxing wouldn't be able to fund a legal defence if they were sued and I doubt their insurer (legal expenses or otherwise) would be happy to carry the risk. What makes it even more unfortunate is that as well as the stuff about Mayweather there was some concrete things about the pretty ludicrous relationship between VADA, USDA, promoters and the state athletic commissions, specifically with how they all interacted and dealt with the farces around Peterson, Berto and Morales all testing positive.

Doesn't Floyd allegedly get some kind of injection in his hands prior to fights that's only legal in Nevada and that's why he doesn't fight outside of Vegas anymore? I remember it coming up on the boards here years ago and then a while later before the Shane fight Naazim called him out on it. Ellerbe jumped on the defensive on 24/7.

The Mayweather crew started throwing around unsubstantiated claims that Pacquiao was on the juice after his win over a bigger stronger opponent, now that Mayweather has done the same, at an advanced age for a fighter no less, when do the fans press and other fighters turn the accusations on him is what I want to know?

"To fight the best. Fake the test."
guess the difference is flyod does extra testing while pacman ducks them.

Doesn't Floyd allegedly get some kind of injection in his hands prior to fights that's only legal in Nevada and that's why he doesn't fight outside of Vegas anymore? I remember it coming up on the boards here years ago and then a while later before the Shane fight Naazim called him out on it. Ellerbe jumped on the defensive on 24/7.

The situation regarding Lidocaine (the generic name)/Xylocaine (the brand name) is pretty confusing. Rumours about it had floated around for a while, but they were first really brought to the world's attention prior to the Hatton bout. Lidocaine isn't on the prohibited list of drugs by WADA but it supposedly is banned by the Nevada State Athletic Commission; Hatton's camp argued that as it wasn't part of the WADA list the standard testing by a WADA facility wouldn't test for it or acknowledge it if it showed up, so additional testing should be done specifically for it.

What makes it strange is that I can find nothing on the NSAC website which bans Lidocaine/Xylocaine other than the catch all:

Drug or injection that has not been approved by the Commission, including, but not limited to, the drugs or injections listed in subsection 2, in any part of the body, either before or during a contest or exhibition, to or by any unarmed combatant, is prohibited.

There are some precedents for lidocaine being banned; it was mentioned in 2004 as a banned substance:

It was revealed prior to his failed middleweight title bid against Bernard Hopkins in 2004 that de la Hoya took Lidocaine, a pain killer deemed illegal by Nevada State Athletic Commission standards, to speed up the healing process for a cut suffered on his hand.

And there are old articles about Loyd Honeygham testing positive for it and facing a ban (but eventually being fined).

Nevada boxing officials said yesterday they would fine and probably suspend Lloyd Honeyghan. They said the British fighter tested positive for the painkilling drug lidocaine after losing his World Boxing Council welterweight title to Marlon Starling on Feb. 4.

''We're going to be tough with this one and we're going to make sure it's not done again in this state,'' said Dr. Elias Ghanem, chairman of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Ghanem said Honeyghan and his handlers were specifically warned before the fight that they must clear any medications they planned to use with the commission. He said they still went ahead and secretly injected lidocaine into the boxer.

Ghanem said lidocaine is similar to Novocain and is commonly used in injections for relief of tennis elbow or bursitis. Ghanem said he had talked to Honeyghan's manager, Mickey Duff, and Duff told him he did not know when or where Honeyghan got the injection.(AP)

The picture was further muddled when Kieth Kizer intervened. He said that Lidocaine wasn't banned, although its use wasn't allowed within a week of a bout (and certainly not on fight night. To quote from two articles:

1)

As Kizer explained it, fighters must, under penalty of perjury, sign a statement at the fight weigh ins discloosing what, if any, pain or other serious medication they have used or plan to use anytime between the weigh in and fight time.

Interesting, very good post. Thanks for the info, C.

Damn I'm going with number 3, imo. Juggling 6 chicks must take hard work and dedication.

Back