Philthy Tom signs an extended deal for more $$$

DGT4NOW

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Philty Tom Lawlor on an interview on Meltzer's pay site said that he had another fight left on his contract but Zuffa made him a generous offer to redo his contract & now he has a new contract for 4 fights.
When asked if he reached out to Bellator, he said he had no desire to if UFC wanted him.

He openly publicized that he disliked the new corporate atmosphere backstage with Reebok & the deal recently, so I was surprised Zuffa took care of him with a fight still left in his deal.

Last edited:
Wonder how much they paid him to shut the fuck up and wear his Reebok like a good boy.

I'm guessing they liked his performance and thus potential at 205 and decided it was worth keeping him around.

They probably gave him a $500 raise and few bags of corn nuts.

I'm glad he's still around. Not sure how he'll handle the big boys at 205 but his entrances alone are enough to pay attention. Even though he's stuck a bit with the Reebok deal, I'm sure he'll pull off some shenanigans.

When Fabio Maldonado and a barista crack the top 10 you know LHW needs more talent. UFC knows this too

I love how he handled the Rebox "kit" and Zuffa not letting him wear his outfits to the weigh-ins. I'm sure Dana Baldfather isn't happy with it but LoFert probably overrode him and got Lawler signed.

Wonder how much they paid him to shut the fuck up and wear his Reebok like a good boy.

I'm guessing they liked his performance and thus potential at 205 and decided it was worth keeping him around.

Looks like Zuffa is locking up the fighters they want ASAP & letting go guys like Kos without a fight

good for him. he's an entertaining fighter. he's done surprising well in the UFC. good to see him get some decent coin. he better invest because he's in trouble at 205. go back to 185 filthy!

Bet it is like 25k show/25k win.

I never heard him complain about pay & he talks about bonuses he received that made him not want to negotiate with Bellator or WSOF.
He said he liked both orgs though & was there at WSOF cornering three teammates

good for him. he's an entertaining fighter. he's done surprising well in the UFC. good to see him get some decent coin. he better invest because he's in trouble at 205. go back to 185 filthy!

he says that he plans to bulk up to around 225-230 and that he only weighed 203 in that last fight because he accidentally cut too much

so he might do fine

205 is garbage. He can crack the top 10 there. Id pick hin over someone like manuwa.

Back