Law Philly DA argues that PA death penalty should be CANCELLED

This doesn't sound like "enforcement is an entirely a matter of the enforcer's personal discretion".

Sure looks like it.

And here it sounds like you're conflating state and federal.

When did I do that?

Something can't be federally allowable while being prohibited in the state Constitution? Or is the state Court deciding federal law?

Yes, something can be prohibited under state law while being permissible under federal law. Yes, state courts apply federal law all the time, though in the death penalty context, it's usually the defendant asserting that a state provision violates federal law.

But that's not the point here (note the OP says "I will ignore the substance of this challenge"). The point is we have a prosecutor batting for the other side—not just on an individual basis, but on a class-wide basis. That's not normal.

Last edited:
Never understood why so many conservatives are pro-death penalty. Aren’t christians supposed to believe that only god can pass judgement on who is worthy of life or not?

Sure looks like it.

When did I do that?

Yes, something can be prohibited under state law while being permissible under federal law. Yes, state courts apply federal law all the time, though in the death penalty context, it's usually the defendant asserting that a state provision violates federal law.

But that's not the point here (note the OP says "I will ignore the substance of this challenge"). The point is we have a prosecutor batting for the other side—not just on an individual basis, but on a class-wide basis. That's not normal.

Based on your responses here, we'd need to start this conversation from scratch and I don't have that level of interest in this topic. No worries. Cheers.

Based on your responses here, we'd need to start this conversation from scratch and I don't have that level of interest in this topic. No worries. Cheers.

It's simple:
law enforcement officials advocating on behalf of law violators. Do you like it?

So his stance is fuck the victim and there families the criminal is more important.

So people do shit so bad for there to be any justice for the victim and their families they need to pay with their lives.

I’ll say give up the death penalty when you can actually sentence a criminal to life with no parole in solitary. That’s with no TV and no outside contact whatsoever.

So his stance is fuck the victim and there families the criminal is more important.

So people do shit so bad for there to be any justice for the victim and their families they need to pay with their lives.

I’ll say give up the death penalty when you can actually sentence a criminal to life with no parole in solitary. That’s with no TV and no outside contact whatsoever.

Yeah basically his stance is against the interests of the victims' families.

Why bother having laws if enforcement is an entirely a matter of the enforcer's personal discretion?

Cops and DA's make this choice every single day. When was the last time you saw a cop issue a jaywalking ticket? DA's regularly choose which laws to enforce/prosecute if for no other reason than a lack of resources.

"Prisons have inhumane conditions!"

"The death penalty is inhumane!"

Now, law abiding citizens, what does this mentality lead to, and what would you like to see done that doesn't lead back to this cycle of thinking?

Cops and DA's make this choice every single day. When was the last time you saw a cop issue a jaywalking ticket? DA's regularly choose which laws to enforce/prosecute if for no other reason than a lack of resources.

Sure, on an ad-hoc basis. But advocating for them at a policy level? No, that's a pretty recent development. Before 2016, it was pretty rare.

I can’t understand why people defend serial killers and other monsters when it comes to death penalty. Especially when the case is cut and dry.

You racists are so lame. Always making racist comments then calling others racists.
His deflection game is on point. I checked out his posting history for fun, he’s a chubby chaser. He post in every thread about obese chicks.

Capital punishment has been on a moratorium in Pennsylvania since 2015 and 21 states have already abolished it, I don't see this as anything that out of the ordinary.

Sure looks like it.

When did I do that?

But that's not the point here (note the OP says "I will ignore the substance of this challenge"). The point is we have a prosecutor batting for the other side—not just on an individual basis, but on a class-wide basis. That's not
Sure looks like it.

When did I do that?

So a DA shouldn't take issue with say questionable policing procedures and policy because that would be beneficial to the "other side".

So a DA shouldn't take issue with say questionable policing procedures and policy because that would be beneficial to the "other side".

Enforcing the law as it is written vs advocating for a change in the law to benefit people you’re enforcing it against. Two very different things.

Enforcing the law as it is written vs advocating for a change in the law to benefit people you’re enforcing it against. Two very different things.

So the people that are among the most aware how how the criminal justice system functions, or in this case doesn't function, shouldn't be able to offer opinion about it?

The DA isn't on a side. They represent the government, and the government's interest is suppose to be about justice not retribution.

In China they shoot criminals in the head and make their family pay for the bullet.

So, does the family get to choose what quality of bullet is used? I can imagine some only wanting to pay for cheap bullets while others want gold plated bullets.

Back