Phillip K. Dick or Stephen King

CardonaLJ**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
who has the better adaptation of their works? Watching Total Recall and it dawned on me that while I love both authors, I enjoy Dicks film adaptations more than king. What do you guys think? Who has the better adaptation?

kubrick doing the shining was a masterpiece

I think they are definitely the two top writers who have been adapted best. Have to slightly go with King though.

really?? only good king movies I can think of are the shining, Carrie, and pet semetary. cujo and Christine were ok. It was only good the first half. sometimes they come back was horrible.

hard to say

King had some really great adaptions but also some really terrible ones as well

can't think of a PKD adaption that was terrible to be honest

Side note: currently reading Valis and loving it

really?? only good king movies I can think of are the shining, Carrie, and pet semetary. cujo and Christine were ok. It was only good the first half. sometimes they come back was horrible.

You didn't like Shawshank or Green Mile?

I can only think or two dick novels, but have read almost all of kings. Reading duma key, now. With that said, I think king has had some terrible adaptations.

Has to be K. Dick

I do have a soft spot for King adaptations though. Not that big a fan of Shawshank or Green Mile however

Gotta take King. He's got a lot more material, so he's got a lot more shit was well.

Stand By Me is King as well.

Dick actually hated Blade Runner.

I like all the adaptions of his books though. Except maybe Minority Report.

I enjoyed Christine, Misery, and Thinner.

But two of my favorites are:

Half written by Stephen King, at least.

Ironically, King hates pretty much all of the decent adaptations of his work.

The really shitty ones [like the Shining made for TV] he pretty much directed from the back seat of some no-name director, and they end up terrible.

Kubrick refused to work with King, and made the greatest horror movie of all time.

Ironically, King hates pretty much all of the decent adaptations of his work.

The really shitty ones [like the Shining made for TV] he pretty much directed from the back seat of some no-name director, and they end up terrible.

Kubrick refused to work with King, and made the greatest horror movie of all time.

...and lost a great pal.

no love for the original miniseries Salem's Lot? that was great.

also, i like the cheesy ones like The Night Flyer (main caracter Richard Deez (as in deez nuts0) and The Langoliers (fucking balki, where is larry apple ton)

Dick by a mile

Wut?

Remember- this isnt' a 'who is the better writer' thread. It's about adaptation.

However am I the only one who really quite liked Minority Report (the movie)?

I mostly don't like Dick's writing. He has fantastic ideas, but as far as story telling is concerned I like King much more.

Back