Philippou is far from a contender

FedorandBjpenn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nothing impresses me about him. He has decent hands, take downs are below average, no ground game off his back, and he got lucky verse Boetsch. Tim was doiminating the fight until the injury to his hand. I havent been impressed by him at all. No disrespect to the guy but IMO he doesn't beat any top ten MW again. He got lucky

Nothing impresses me about him. He has decent hands, take downs are below average, no ground game off his back, and he got lucky verse Boetsch. Tim was doiminating the fight until the injury to his hand. I havent been impressed by him at all. No disrespect to the guy but IMO he doesn't beat any top ten MW again. He got lucky

I was just about to start a thread on this and ask who everyone thinks should fight him first. Me personally, Id like to see him against Lombard. It makes good sense, he is a guy Lombard could beat and then get a little more steam going. If Costa win than you cannot deny he needs a real contender. Do I think Costa is a top 5 guy after last night, no I dont. But with 5 wins in a row he cannot be denied a step up. He beat the guy who beat Lombard, lets see what happens.

there is no such thing as luck in mma

but i do agree

costa wouldnt of won without the illegal eye poke and head butt

I was just about to start a thread on this and ask who everyone thinks should fight him first. Me personally, Id like to see him against Lombard. It makes good sense, he is a guy Lombard could beat and then get a little more steam going. If Costa win than you cannot deny he needs a real contender. Do I think Costa is a top 5 guy after last night, no I dont. But with 5 wins in a row he cannot be denied a step up. He beat the guy who beat Lombard, lets see what happens.

I dont disagree at all. That would be a great matchup. IF he beat Hector I would be really Impressed. Is his boxing really as good as Rogan makes it sound though? I

he was terrible against rivera...

Lombard would steamroll Costa.

Let Lombard beat Okami so he has a stronger argument for a title shot.

Lombard would steamroll Costa.

Let Lombard beat Okami so he has a stronger argument for a title shot.

I dont ever want to see Okami fight again. Call me a hater but that dude is straight up lay and pray. I realize this shit aint easy but I dont like to watch him fight.

Back