Philippine Volcano spews heavy ash; Metro Manila in crisis

20200112-taal-volcano_8081F08225254A6BB5257A6D7F479677.jpg

'Hazardous' Taal Volcano eruption possible 'within hours to days'

(3rd UPDATE) Phivolcs raises Alert Level 4 for the Taal Volcano in Batangas on Sunday evening, January 12, warning that a 'hazardous' eruption is 'imminent'.

State volcanologists raised Alert Level 4 for the Taal Volcano in Batangas on Sunday evening, January 12, warning that a "hazardous" eruption may occur "within hours to days."

In a bulletin issued 7:30 pm on Sunday, the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said Alert Level 4 means a "hazardous" eruption is "imminent."

"As of 5:30 pm, eruptive activity at Taal Volcano main crater intensified as continuous eruption generated a tall 10-15 kilometer steam-laden tephra column with frequent volcanic lightning that rained wet ashfall on the general north as far as Quezon City," Phivolcs said.

"Volcanic tremor [has been] recorded continuously since 11 am and two volcanic earthquakes of magnitudes 2.5 and 3.9 were felt at Intensity III in Tagaytay City and Alitagtag, Batangas...recorded at 6:15 and 6:22 pm, respectively," added the agency.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/249103-taal-volcano-phreatic-explosion-january-12-2020

20200112-taal6.jpg

problem solved

But I really feel for them. That Ash is just bound to cause a ton of breathing problems and those are no joke. 24/7 thing.

Mildly creeped out by how all the current civil unrest and angry Mother Nature was prophesied. Just an absurd coincidence right? A broken clock is right twice a day. Or was it known more recently and the old predictions are a ruse? Goodbye blue sky. Thanks Yellowstone. Best wishes folks, especially to the atheists and scientists.

Last edited:
The picture with the telephone cables? I have a pic of a bridge I want to show you.

Yeah I know I just used my imagination instead of taking the time to shoop them out. I bet that bridge is really something

started hitting manila around 7pm yesterday, wasnt as bad when mt. pinatubo hit us in 1991 but the roads and most cars were covered in ash hopefully it doesnt erupt again. We are about 60km from it so its not as bad, but the immediate vicinity is in a state of calamity and needs help.

In Makati and Ayala Alabang... a bit Ashy.
8hYd.gif

I’m headed closer Later this week to Laguna: Nuvali & Tagatay area 35 km away from disaster area; I reckon it’ll be nastier.

Last edited:
Nature can be a bitch but she sure is beautiful. Those pics are phenomenal.

Part II incoming.

Taal Volcano in the province of Batangas was placed under Alert Level 3 on Thursday, July 1, following a phreatomagmatic eruption.

The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) said in a bulletin on Thursday afternoon that Taal Volcano's main crater "generated a short-lived dark phreatomagmatic plume one kilometer high" at 3:16 pm.

A phreatomagmatic eruption refers to "an eruption that involves both magma and water, which typically interact explosively," according to the United States Geological Survey.

The eruption prompted the Alert Level 3 declaration.

"This means that there is magmatic intrusion at the main crater that may further drive succeeding eruptions," Phivolcs said, referring to rising magma.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/phivolcs-taal-volcano-alert-level-july-1-2021

Back