Social Philadelphia yanks 72 cops off the streets...

Strychnine

War Room Peace Addict
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Because they seem to have posted over 300 racist and anti-Muslim posts/comments on Facebook.

Police Commissioner Ross said he believed at least 'several dozen' people would be disciplined and he expects some to be fired. The commissioner said the internal affairs division prioritized posts 'clearly advocating violence or death against any protected class such as ethnicity, national origin, sex, religion and race.'

An independent law firm had been hired to determine whether posts were constitutionally protected before any discipline is imposed."

If a Cop is posting something to the effect of "All Blacks are criminals and all Muslims need to die". Can we trust them to professionally police a neighborhood where these people happen to live? Can we trust any arrest they've made in the past?

If some Black cops were found to have posted something like that against White people, should they be allowed to still Police?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rs-streets-amid-probe-social-media-posts.html

I didn't see this posted and apologizes if it was already.

Dumb cops . Freedom of speech doesn’t protect u In workplace and your employer can terminate u . Keep your opinion to yourself if u wanna keep your job or post anonymously on sherdog .

Posting similar sentiments about Caucasians is good since it smashes White Supremacy. By definition only Caucasians can be racist so POC officers should not be reprimanded in anyway.

Because they seem to have posted over 300 racist and anti-Muslim posts/comments on Facebook.

Police Commissioner Ross said he believed at least 'several dozen' people would be disciplined and he expects some to be fired. The commissioner said the internal affairs division prioritized posts 'clearly advocating violence or death against any protected class such as ethnicity, national origin, sex, religion and race.'

An independent law firm had been hired to determine whether posts were constitutionally protected before any discipline is imposed."

If a Cop is posting something to the effect of "All Blacks are criminals and all Muslims need to die". Can we trust them to professionally police a neighborhood where these people happen to live? Can we trust any arrest they've made in the past?

If some Black cops were found to have posted something like that against White people, should they be allowed to still Police?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rs-streets-amid-probe-social-media-posts.html

I didn't see this posted and apologizes if it was already.
I’ve only once had it come to my attention that one of my officers was posting anything damaging regarding anything work related on Facebook. This is a guy who I’ve had to discipline before, and who I consider an “overzealous” Officer. Thankfully it wasn’t anything racial. He was bitching about a coworker and made a comment about sovereign citizens. I put a stop to that shit fast.

I try to keep up with all of that stuff and best believe me it’s not goin to happen on my watch. If you got a promotion or have something positive you want to share by all means go for it, I encourage guys to do charity work and put it out there. But you better think before you post or I will not hesitate to write guys up or move into further disciplinary actions.

It will hurt for Philadelphia to lose that many officers for the time being, but you can’t tolerate that. Once you’ve shown yourself to be biased or untrustworthy as law enforcement it puts all of your work into question. If you can’t be trusted by judges and juries there goes your career.

Freedom of speech doesn’t protect u In workplace and your employer can terminate u .

It's more complicated when the speech took place outside the work environment and the employer is the government (an entity the First Amendment does protect us from).

Once you’ve shown yourself to be biased or untrustworthy as law enforcement it puts all of your work into question. If you can’t be trusted by judges and juries there goes your career.

Juries should already not believe anything a cop says.

But it is such a progressive northeastern city...

It's more complicated when the speech took place outside the work environment and the employer is the government (an entity the First Amendment does protect us from).

I'm sure there is something in their code of ethics and conduct that covers this type of stuff.

That being said I expect their union to fight tooth and nail as they do with every cop that fired for any reason.

Ross isn't some SJW softy either. I know some cops and they were all pretty happy when Ross got tapped to be the top guy as he came up through the ranks in Philly his entire career (his predecessor was brought in from DC and prior to that Chicago)

I'm sure there is something in their code of ethics and conduct that covers this type of stuff.

That being said I expect their union to fight tooth and nail as they do with every cop that fired for any reason.

Ross isn't some SJW softy either. I know some cops and they were all pretty happy when Ross got tapped to be the top guy as he came up through the ranks in Philly his entire career (his predecessor was brought in from DC and prior to that Chicago)

My experience with Philly cops is they're assholes no matter what color you are. Even when you're someone who just needs help. Maybe that'll change with proper leadership.

My experience with Philly cops is they're assholes no matter what color you are. Even when you're someone who just needs help. Maybe that'll change with proper leadership.

It changed a lot since Ramsay got the job as chief in 2008. He cracked down on a lot of bad officers and tried to purge the bad cops along with increasing community outreach to increase trust between them. This is the kind of stuff that sets those efforts back.

The 'evidence' posted in the article is 100% legal.

15016338-7160643-A_Philadelphia_based_organization_called_the_Plain_View_Project_-a-14_1561147319614.jpg

15016346-7160643-St_Louis_police_are_conducting_an_internal_investigation_into_al-a-30_1561004681368.jpg

You might hate it, but it is protected.
When he shared those, the BLM one was when cops were getting ambushed and killed in Dallas and New Orleans, and I believe the Islam one was when either the San Bernardino or Pulse terrorist attack took place.

It changed a lot since Ramsay got the job as chief in 2008. He cracked down on a lot of bad officers and tried to purge the bad cops along with increasing community outreach to increase trust between them. This is the kind of stuff that sets those efforts back.

I moved outta there in 2009 so this is good to hear.

Depends on position. It is more complicated yes , but hate speech is never protected against a protected class whether at work , office party or on social media . Just took mandatory harassment and discrimination training . I work for county’ government as a social worker . I know the union wouldn’t be able to save my ass if I said “ all Muslims can die !” On FB under my name ( if somebody reported it to HR /my supervisor ) Cause I deal with Muslim clients and am in in their homes . Same with cops . Now ..if I was an offiice assistant for the county In a warehouse it may not be so cut and dry and it often depends on employee , your record of performance , how strong your particular union is ( cops unions are always strong ) and unfortunately ( as it often is in life ) how much they like u and wanna keep u .

Last edited:

15016338-7160643-A_Philadelphia_based_organization_called_the_Plain_View_Project_-a-14_1561147319614.jpg

15016346-7160643-St_Louis_police_are_conducting_an_internal_investigation_into_al-a-30_1561004681368.jpg

What a fucking joke to construe this as "hate speech".

Yet another example that leftists are authoritarian scumbags who actively work to stigmatize dissent as crime or misconduct.

The Islam thing goes over the line, but I don't see any problem with smashing Black Lives Matter. That's a group, not a race. And it's a group that routinely has a hard on for cops.

But yeah, if you're publicly classifying Muslims as being part of a "hate group", you probably shouldn't be on the force. Why should a Muslim family, who are paying taxes like everyone else, have to call cops at their time of need and worry that they may get someone responding who thinks their in a "hate group"?

Depends on position. It is more complicated yes , but hate speech is never protected against a protected class whether at work , office party or on social media . Just took mandatory harassment and discrimination training . I work for county’ government as a social worker . I know the union wouldn’t be able to save my ass if I said “ all Muslims can die !” On FB under my name ( if somebody reported it to HR /my supervisor ) Cause I deal with Muslim clients and am in in their homes . Same with cops . Now ..if I was an offiice assistant for the county In a warehouse it may not be so cut and dry and it often depends on employee , your record of performance , how strong your particular union is ( cops unions are always strong ) and unfortunately ( as it often is in life ) how much they like u and wanna keep u .

I get it. I just don't necessarily agree with it. Seems like the First Amendment would trump office policy, and that being fired is a punishment by the government for expressing incorrect thoughts. The argument about "trust" is highly speculative, whereas having to waive basic rights as a condition of employment is more clear-cut. Sure, being in the role of employer is a wrinkle, but it's still the government making a rule and enforcing it. Losing your job isn't as bad as going to jail, but I don't think it has to be in order to qualify as coercive.

The Islam thing goes over the line, but I don't see any problem with smashing Black Lives Matter. That's a group, not a race. And it's a group that routinely has a hard on for cops.
Over what line? Be specific, please.

Back