Phil Davis ''Still wants to fight Anderson silva''

Lol, that's so random

phil would rag doll anderson lets be honest.

that's like a chael sonnen esque bad match up but even futher magnified.

Anderson would whoop him easily and little old Phil would have gone made a fool of his self.

That's definitely not the type of 205er that Anderson likes to go up and fight.

He likes mid-level strikers that don't really wrestle: Forrest, Bonnar, etc...

Davis would be pretty near the top of the list of 205ers that Anderson wouldn't be chomping at the bit to get taken down by.

Will the UFC do the right thing and cut Phil Davis if he loses to Ryan Bader? His talking scares me into thinking he's secure in his job.

he better worry Bader before you even think about the GOAT

You can tell based on what he's saying that he believes beating Anderson would earn him some respect.

Among casuals, he's probably right. Only half of them even understand what it means for a fighter to be out of his prime.

Davis doesn't undertand the problem here. Anderson only fights LHW that are tailor made for his style and Davis' style isn't that.

"Hi, I'd like to fight a forty year old, half my size and coming off a catastrophic injury, please?"

Fuck off, Phil.

Phil can probably beat him too, that's what bothers me.

Its a big maybe to me. Phil's standup is shockingly bad - his wide, ungainly stance is begging for leg kicks and I could see even 40 YO Anderson re-entering the matrix for a KO before Phil could even get him down. Even if he did ground Silva, he's in dangerous territory. Unless Silva is injured, as he was for Sonnen I, he'll have his hands full on the ground, too. Despite Phil's size/strength/grappling ability, I'd have Silva as a strong, but not overwhelming, favorite to win.

Back