Phil Davis: I am the best grappler the UFC has ever seen at LHW

Given that he is the most hated by shertards, I guess he is right

Change grappler to blanket and then I'd agree

IF he fought Jones he would get taken down probably at will.. DC would too..

Maybe not the best, but he is a great grappler and athletic fighter. Haven't had the most memorable fights recently, but guy has a lot of potential and has a lot of good fights too

Phil is getting a bit delusional.

Sure, he's a good grappler, but better than Roger Gracie? Better than Vinny?

Better than Rashad? Because their fight says otherwise.

I'd also like to see him try to outgrapple Jones or DC. Ain't gonna happen, Phil.
Jujitsu guys are completely overrated in MMA grappling, simply because they refuse to develop takedowns as part of their training regiment.

Rashad would disagree...

74093_Sequence_01.gif

If that were true he would have beaten Rashad. So I figure he's wrong.

rolling around with penn state coaches all those years. but it's probably defensive wrestling.

Rumble made Davis look pathetic while Davis did choke Gus into unconsciousness.

I disagree that he's the best. I think he's far from it. But the Rashad fight is misleading. Rashad applied good pressure early on in the standing exchanges and by the time the wrestling really came into play Davis was already very gassed. You can't knock the guy for being confident though. Even if it is misplaced. In a straight grappling match I think Davis crushes Rashad but Roger destroys them both. Also was Jacare at 205 for a while? It might not have been on the UFC though.

While I don't like Davis, there are very few guys who I would out as better grapplers than him at 205. Cormier, Jones, Vinny and Roger Gracie are a few of the big names that stand out. Potentially Rashad, but after that it becomes difficult to think of guys who are better than him at 205 in straight grappling.

Would have agreed until he magically transformed into a kick boxer and abandoned his bjj.. The wonderful bar was serious. With his wrestling and sub skills he should stop the non sense and do what he's gotta do. Everyone likes a winner nobody likes a loser-Bj Penn

Imo when he stands and trades he looks like he's on ice skates and always off balance. I like Phil and thought he would have been a champ by now but the Rashad fight kinda mooted that point.

Back