Phil Davis: I am the best grappler the UFC has ever seen at LHW

I think we need to send him a straightjacket.....

Didn't Roger Gracie compete at LHW?

lol wut

The best grappler ever at LHW?

I think he has watched that Sprite commercial too many times.

All I gathered from that is rumble has a bigger strength advantage at 205 . Dude is a genetic freak!

Rashad Evans embarrassed this guy in their fight, easily outwrestled him and made him look silly in every scramble.

Phil is getting a bit delusional.

Sure, he's a good grappler, but better than Roger Gracie? Better than Vinny?

Better than Rashad? Because their fight says otherwise.

I'd also like to see him try to outgrapple Jones or DC. Ain't gonna happen, Phil.

His fights are a good opportunity to make a beer run.

Rashad manhandled him in the grappling department.

Can we make rumble vs Davis 2 please.

I disagree that he's the best. I think he's far from it. But the Rashad fight is misleading. Rashad applied good pressure early on in the standing exchanges and by the time the wrestling really came into play Davis was already very gassed. You can't knock the guy for being confident though. Even if it is misplaced. In a straight grappling match I think Davis crushes Rashad but Roger destroys them both. Also was Jacare at 205 for a while? It might not have been on the UFC though.

Tim Kennedy did not outgrapple Roger. That's ridiculous. Kennedy neutralized the grappling exchanges, and that's what won him the fight. It was a terrible fight.

Anyway, Phil is delusional. Vanilla fighters like Phil have to hype themselves up anyway they can because nobody cares.

Nah, I doubt it.

Also, he's the worst striker. Funny guy though.

Back