Phil Davis disappointed UFC never told him he could do cocaine and get away with it

He is right...anyone other than Jon Jones would not have gotten off so easy. I typically side with the UFC when it comes to questionable acts but this is a joke.

Even if it is somehow in some world allowed it still sets a horrible example

Only in the UFC can you get busted for use of an illegal drug and not face consequences. That is, if your name is Jon Jones.

Despite cocaine being classified as an out of competition drug in this case, any other sports organization, such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, or NHL, would suspend a player who got caught using cocaine.

The UFC, however, decides to keep things under wraps and make their money, then let he public know, and then say how proud they are of Jon Jones for entering rehab - which turned out to last for one day.

It's no wonder a lot of people don't take this sport serious.

I don't care too much about recreational drug use, but the way the UFC has handled this whole thing has really been left to be desired.

that's the one advantage the UFC has, less mainstream visibility. Less people with sticks deep up their arses who will throw a hissy fit when they see people they don't like enjoy themselves and it goes against their own shaky morals.

In fact I am not. Yes we all know most of the world hasn't invented irony yet..

No idea what you are getting at, it is indeed ironical how all the people who like to be politically correct whenever it suits them, together with the basement dwelling potheads that seem to make up 90% of the users on this site here, cry bloody murder over this test while rushing quickly to the defense of any pothead failing an actual drug test and try to distort the facts as if Jones is getting preferential treatment.
Which is just not true, aside from delaying the - irrelevant - test results until after the fight.

Yep, definitely went over your head.

Cocaine may make him interesting.

Davis is a pretty funny guy

Fair question covered in mildly funny antics. I'll allow it Mr Davis..... I'll allow it. :p

He is right...anyone other than Jon Jones would not have gotten off so easy. I typically side with the UFC when it comes to questionable acts but this is a joke.

Even if it is somehow in some world allowed it still sets a horrible example

the UFC hasn't even announced punishment or lackthereof yet. And everyone would have to be treated the same by the NAC because those are the rules.

What is for sure though is anyone other than Jon Jones wouldn't have attracted the same kind of attention and irrational hate to this story.

I'd really like to see an official press release about what drugs are going to go unpunished. Let'em ski, bro.

Maybe he should read the NSAC drug testing procedure. It's not the UFC's job to explain to that to him.

all the people in here who are shitting on phil when he's obviously joking around (like he usually does) lmao.

Prophet Jones does whatever he wangs, Phil.

Win a belt and make your prophecies reality and maybe you will be able to live by your own rules as well.

that's the one advantage the UFC has, less mainstream visibility. Less people with sticks deep up their arses who will throw a hissy fit when they see people they don't like enjoy themselves and it goes against their own shaky morals.

Hey, we've all "partied" or occasionally "party" to some extent, but if the UFC still has the goals of becoming bigger than Football or a bigger global force than soccer, then they need to up their saving-face game by punishing athletes who break the law.

Last year, we saw the NFL hand a four-game suspension to Wes Welker for amphetamines, suspend indefinitely Ray Rice and Adrien Peterson for domestic abuse, Le'Veon Bell and LeGarette Blount are looking at possible game suspensions for next season because of possession of marijuana and a DUI for Bell. Hell, the league also suspended Ben Roethlisberger 4 games a few years ago for rape even though he was neither charged nor convicted for it.

The point is, the NFL at least made efforts to show they won't put up with lawbreaking, whereas the UFC seems to have chosen to look the other way on the Jones instance. This sets a bad precedent, and the mainstream isn't going to be so quick to accept MMA any faster after this. I think they're shooting themselves in the foot.

Maybe he should read the NSAC drug testing procedure. It's not the UFC's job to explain to that to him.

Except that his employer is the UFC, not NSAC, and DFW has said on tape that they test for illegal drugs and will punish people who are caught using anything even out of competition.

Except that his employer is the UFC, not NSAC, and DFW has said on tape that they test for illegal drugs and will punish people who are caught using anything even out of competition.

Should the Diaz brothers have been kicked out long ago then, since they freely admit to smoking weed.....alot, or are we judging which illegal drugs we can not feel high and mighty about? lol

I'd really like to see an official press release about what drugs are going to go unpunished. Let'em ski, bro.

because it's too hard to read the existing code of rules and regulation that makes it perfectly clear already.

I hope they redact that rule then because it's not their place to punish people for their lifestyle habits that have no effect on their fighting.

Kind of sad corporations have to bow to the hysterical masses in matters of morals as much as they already do.

People cry so much over how fake Jones is. Do you honestly believe any NFL exec, Zuffa executive or anyone truly cares if anybody, but certainly their top billing stars like to get high, for reasons of morality I mean? The only reason they pretend to care is because the hysterical masses like to act like they care whenever something threatens their own shaky morals or they just don't like someone and wait for a faux pax to try and bring them down.

Back