Phil Davis disappointed UFC never told him he could do cocaine and get away with it

Somebody should tell him that his fights dont have to be so boring. zzz

Those guys you're comparing him to failed "in competition" testing.

If you don't understand the difference, I can't help you.

The NSAC doesn't think recreational drugs in private life are their concern, they just don't want fighters fighting high, for safety reasons.

Really? Because I thought marijuana was a banned substance.

...in competition, because...

Right. Even though marijuana can stay in your system for months they're just erring on the side of caution.

Fucking ridiculous. The old men that make these rules are fucking delusional and I hope they die soon.

Right. Even though marijuana can stay in your system for months they're just erring on the side of caution.

Fucking ridiculous. The old men that make these rules are fucking delusional and I hope they die soon.

The test for weed was bad, but they have since changed the process; they really are just trying to make sure people aren't fighting high. Most of the people who have failed for marijuana wouldn't fail now.

I would love my Boy Gus to get a Davis rematch one day , he would KO phil straight to Wsof. Trust me.

Can't stand Phil.. But he is just exposing Zuffa for the joke that whole company is!

Those guys you're comparing him to failed "in competition" testing.

If you don't understand the difference, I can't help you.

The NSAC doesn't think recreational drugs in private life are their concern, they just don't want fighters fighting high, for safety reasons.

I understand the difference fine.
The problem you are missing, is that the test is deceiving.
Both DIaz & Healy smoked almost a month before the fight... exactly like Jon.
The difference is simply how long the metabolites stay in your body.

so please stop trying to nitpick something to complain.
I gave you my view on how everyone should be punished.

You, so far, only cared that Jon should not be punished.

Basically I am trying to set a message for every fighter and fans that cocaine is bad.

You? Only care that no one touches Jon...

I think we both understand each other fine.
We do not agree, but I stand corrected. I want MMA to get better. You want Jon to continue doing whatever he wants without any consequences...

I understand the difference fine.
The problem you are missing, is that the test is deceiving.
Both DIaz & Healy smoked almost a month before the fight... exactly like Jon.
The difference is simply how long the metabolites stay in your body.

so please stop trying to nitpick something to complain.
I gave you my view on how everyone should be punished.

You, so far, only cared that Jon should not be punished.

Basically I am trying to set a message for every fighter and fans that cocaine is bad.

You? Only care that no one touches Jon...

I think we both understand each other fine.
We do not agree, but I stand corrected. I want MMA to get better. You want Jon to continue doing whatever he wants without any consequences...

I understand the tests just fine, but here's the thing: You say it's unfair that Jones gets away with it, I say it's unfair that marijuana users got caught by a bad test. Same events, different perspective.

Do you understand why I see it that way? Because the goal of the tests is this: Prevent fighters from fighting high. They aren't trying to govern what recreational drugs fighters use in their spare time, they're trying to keep fighters from competing under the influence. That's it.

The NSAC has said, in no uncertain terms, that recreational drugs out of competition are out of their jurisdiction.

You say I only care about Jones avoiding punishment; I've repeatedly made my position clear on this. Nobody has ever been sanctioned by the UFC for out of competition drug use, and I don't think it's fair to start with someone until an incredibly specific rule is in place.

I don't like Jones, and I don't support hard drug use. I've had three close family members suffer from addiction; one is basically a ruined shell of a man who lost his wife and children, and another died as a result of the drugs.

I just don't happen to think your way is fair.

Make the rules, then enforce them. Don't punish someone for rules that didn't exist when someone "broke" them.

I understand the tests just fine, but here's the thing: You say it's unfair that Jones gets away with it, I say it's unfair that marijuana users got caught by a bad test. Same events, different perspective.

Do you understand why I see it that way? Because the goal of the tests is this: Prevent fighters from fighting high. They aren't trying to govern what recreational drugs fighters use in their spare time, they're trying to keep fighters from competing under the influence. That's it.

The NSAC has said, in no uncertain terms, that recreational drugs out of competition are out of their jurisdiction.

You say I only care about Jones avoiding punishment; I've repeatedly made my position clear on this. Nobody has ever been sanctioned by the UFC for out of competition drug use, and I don't think it's fair to start with someone until an incredibly specific rule is in place.

I don't like Jones, and I don't support hard drug use. I've had three close family members suffer from addiction; one is basically a ruined shell of a man who lost his wife and children, and another died as a result of the drugs.

I just don't happen to think your way is fair.

Make the rules, then enforce them. Don't punish someone for rules that didn't exist when someone "broke" them.

Well then, I think we disagree on a different thing altogether :)

I do think Zuffa has to protect her product, and the same way they have a clause that prevents fighters from doing dangerous things (or riding a bike), they should do something about hard drugs.

Don't forget: the fighter IS their product. Anything that damages or decreases the fighter's life span, or fight-span, actually impacts Zuffa.

So no, I disagree they shouldn't care what fighters do outside competition.

Besides, I could even see them doing whatever until they have a fight scheduled.
But once training camp starts, I do think they should not be able to consume drugs or do something like ride bikes (remember when Aldo had a bike accident and had to cancel a fight?).

By now you should have noticed I am not talking about the AC.

Well, lookey here.

http://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-statement-Jon-jones-0115

I guess they finally realized they had to do something besides being stagnant.

Are you now mad that the UFC catered to the "herd's" sensibilities? Hopefully, you realize it was a good move.

I'm glad they did it, just to end the debate for everyone except the most hateful of the Jones haters. I am not arguing against this being what they had to do to soothe the masses, I am just saying how silly it is how obvious the PR charade in cases like this is and yet so many people apparently need it. Then again, I can't even understand what makes them care so much about other people's personal lives in the first place so...

Back