Phil Baroni: No Weights?

zakkwild

White Belt
Reaction score
How the hell do you get ripped like Phil Baroni with no weights?

"Whats your training like in the run-up for a fight?

Phil Baroni : Normally I train 5-6 days a week 8 hours a day. I break it up the same as anyone else, I do my grappling, my kickboxing, my boxing. I don

Look at some wrestlers, they never lift weights a day in their lives and they are huge. Same with male gymnasts.

LOL @ him not doing weights. That's as much bullshit as him saying he doesn't do steroids.

seriously, I could see maybe someone like chuck liddell saying they dont do weights, but when you have all these veins coursing down your arms and perfectly chisled features...well, lets just say you cant get that way from just cardio....

HE WAS A BODY BUILDER!@!?!?! i guess he said not anymore but still it would be hard to hold such a mass without weights.

Perphaps he's doing plyometrics as part of his interval training with the cardio.

he did used to lift.. but it is very probable that he doesnt anymore... im sure with all the training he does he is doing just fine.

AxeGrinder said:
seriously, I could see maybe someone like chuck liddell saying they dont do weights, but when you have all these veins coursing down your arms and perfectly chisled features...well, lets just say you cant get that way from just cardio....

if anyone i would say he does lift wieghts, probably high weight low rep and compound.

PariahCarey said:
Perphaps he's doing plyometrics as part of his interval training with the cardio.

plyometrics dont effectively cause hypertrophy

Stoic1 said:
LOL @ him not doing weights. That's as much bullshit as him saying he doesn't do steroids.

Just watched Phils fight earlier today.

He weren't on any juice man. I seen all of Phil's fights. Yes, I think he is a loud mouth (that's his style), and I've studied him.

His muscles were clearly less full. So I believe he was clean. Do I think he has used steroids in the past? More than likely, but that's life. Plus, you get tested for that shit easily.

Do I think he has not lifted any weights? Now tricky. Phil appear to have good genetics body composition wise, so it could be likely, as he may maintain quite well and subsitute weights for body resistance exercises.

As for the loud mouth bit. If thats how you relax yourself and deal with the adrenaline, fine, fair enough. Be who you are, that's the only to get anywhere in life. I aint a nuthugger, cos I think Suloev should have won, but Phil got skills and balls to bang it out there with the best.

jojo said:
Look at some wrestlers, they never lift weights a day in their lives and they are huge. Same with male gymnasts.

sure they dont lift weights all the time or maybe not much at all

but they have hardcore routines , check out a gymnast routine , planch pushups , iron cross worketc etc

but yeah thread was about weights ...

look he said he does not lift weights in training for an up and comming fight , i dont see the big deal about that?

im sure he would be more concerned with his conditioning or whatever before the fight and probably maintains the rest in other ways ...

a huge chunk of gymnasts lift weights also.

He said not anymore.

So he is going to look jacked for awhile even if he stops liftings.

Well if you are on a good diet, its not too hard to preserve the muscle mass you already have. I stopped weight when I started boxing and I was able to retain my muscle.

I have a hard time believing him when he says he doesnt lift anymore, if he doesnt, then he used to massive on roids and still has the mass left from his body building days, which will slowly go away, if its true he doesnt lift anymore

there are core excersise and other strength exercises that can be done

a little off topic , but funny your name is zakk wylde, i just saw black label society in concert yesterday.

Its possible to get ripped without weights, shit ive only been lifting for a year but i did lots of hill running, pushups, pullups, leg raises, bag work, jump roping and i was pretty well defined and strong just off that.

IF you train correctly, you can be ripped with muscle and still avoid weights, when I started boxing, I got ripped, just by doing pullups and push ups and dips.

Phil used to lift weights. Based on his remarks, i assume he stopped after he tore his pec.

ehh who cares how he got ripped? Fedor isnt ripped but hell tear shit up.

Phil Baroni doesn't use roids. C'mon the poeple in his corner at Pride are only Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman. They aren't...Wait....

-Seabass

Back