Phil Baroni broke?

Baroni probably never made huge money fighting, and it's not a stretch to imagine that he never saved what he did make.

He went from being a contender to a sparring partner for Bisping, and washing out of AKA after losing to a nobody on the regional MMA circuit. I'd be surprised if he wasn't still a personal trainer and depending on his wife being the breadwinner of the family.

the lifestyle he leads comes with expenses that regular 9-5ers dont have

It's not how much you make, it's how much you spend.

Boom, nailed it. You get a few bog paydays and next thing you know, you're living WAY outside your means. Putting just 5% of *every* payday in a retirement plan would help lots of these fighters out so much.

It's not hard to go broke pursuing a career as a pro athlete.

This. Especially if you do dumb things with your money like many athletes do....

A guy that I went to high school with he was on the practice squad for the Pittsburgh Steelers for 2 years. Him and a couple of the other guys shared a rental house that was owned by Kimo Von Oelhoffen.

After those 2 years he couldn't get on anywhere. He had some contract offers to play arena league for barely anything so he said screw it and moved back home with enough money saved up to buy a house.

He also married a girl that was going to school to be a nurse.

So he is like 32 years old owns his house and has a wife that makes like $100,000 a year. All he does is coach high school football.

You don't have to make millions if you are smart with your money. And even if you make millions it doesn't matter if you are a freaking idiot.

From what I understand guys weren't making shit in Pride except top dogs like CC/Fedor. They're biggest payment over there was the love of the Japanese crowd and basically being treated like kings wherever they went.

Hookers and blow is the breakfast of champions. I wish I was still young enough to handle that shit on a daily basis.

Pride pay is still a mystery. Wand said that he would get cash in briefcases but didn't specify the exact amount. Rampage said that he got 150,000 in cash. Gary Goodridge got 100,000 in cash. Yoshida and Ogawa both got 2 million.

But then there's guys like Saku who were paid in peanuts.

Lol, i knew his dog was gonna be a huge ass pitbull.

Baroni's a cool guy. I'd like to see him try his hand out at acting. There aren't many guys like him in Hollywood anymore. If he was born in the 40s and tried acting in the 70s he'd be a legend.

Baroni's a cool guy. I'd like to see him try his hand out at acting. There aren't many guys like him in Hollywood anymore. If he was born in the 40s and tried acting in the 70s he'd be a legend.

He's the best evah, after all. And yeah, it would've been cool to see Baroni in a 70's cop movie with epic sideburns and a fitting moustache.

Last edited:
Jeff monsoon was driving a 93 Saturn last time I saw him

Back