Phet-Tho Sitjaopho Clinching Advice

Ryukyu Damashi

Ryukyu Damashi
@Brown
Reaction score

Phet Tho is saying that when you are fighting against a more skilled or stronger clincher, don't panic and rush.

Be patient and try to use timing and positioning to disrupt their attack, so you can score your own knees.

Thanks dude, you have the best clinch videos on YT. I refer to the Pot one all the time!

Phet Tho is saying that when you are fighting against a more skilled or stronger clincher, don't panic and rush.

Be patient and try to use timing and positioning to disrupt their attack, so you can score your own knees.

Excellent advice for most situations in a fight.

Nice video and advice...

I enjoy clinching and seem to have decent success in MMA sparring due to a Muay Thai backround.

My question would be when utilising trips/throws are you still staying relaxed, or is this the time to put 100% effort in?

Nice video and advice...

I enjoy clinching and seem to have decent success in MMA sparring due to a Muay Thai backround.

My question would be when utilising trips/throws are you still staying relaxed, or is this the time to put 100% effort in?

Relaxed for sure. I find when ever I try to do something 100%, I tense up and don't do very well.

Relaxed for sure. I find when ever I try to do something 100%, I tense up and don't do very well.

Thanks.. I always find I'm okay at landing knees and usually having dominant control.

But when I try to trip or throw I do tense up and rarely get someone on the ground.

I'll test out the more relaxed method next time.

Thanks.. I always find I'm okay at landing knees and usually having dominant control.

But when I try to trip or throw I do tense up and rarely get someone on the ground.

I'll test out the more relaxed method next time.
The most important aspect of throwing is to get the initial off balancing. Either with a thigh/hip bump or by timing their movements.

Last edited:
sweet, checking out all the other vids in your channel now.

Back