Crime Pharmaceutical Executives Arrested... (first time ever)

freakroor

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
https://abcnews.go.com/US/drug-executive-laurence-doud-iii-arrested-opioids/story?id=62575543

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York charged Rochester Drug Cooperative (RDC), one of the country's largest distributors of opioids, with "knowingly and intentionally" violating federal narcotics laws "by distributing dangerous, highly addictive opioids to pharmacy customers that it knew were being sold and used illicitly,"

RDC was also charged with failing to properly report thousands of suspicious orders of oxycodone, fentanyl and other controlled substances to the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)

this is a good thing because:

-Opoids are in the top 5 causes of death in the United States

--Pharmaceutical industry is one of the biggest proponents of the unconstitutional War on Drugs.

Last edited:
I fucking love this.

Let’s see if they actually go to prison now

Last edited:
Where the hell did this set of balls come from?

Nice. And doesn't the Massachusetts AG have a case going against the biggest opiod pbarma corporation in thr US?

Tides might finally be changing. Now about those predatory prices...

always good to see some of these clowns under scrutiny......

the real question is what did they do specifically to piss off the higher ups that they are being outed for it now

people who abuse opioids are to blame. no saying these people aren't involved in unethical practices but we choose to consume the drugs...

Nothing more than a show to make you think anyone cares.

people who abuse opioids are to blame. no saying these people aren't involved in unethical practices but we choose to consume the drugs...

Exactly, I recently made a thread on how people in the service industry are more likely to have drinking problems. Why do we need to numb ourselves to get through the day? That is never addressed. Why the demand for drugs? People keep focusing on supply.

They are being charged with breaking the law (drug trafficking) not unethical practices. They failed to report a couple of thousand suspicious drug purchases as they were required to do. The compliance officer has already pleaded guilty.

Well this is a Downer...

How libertarian.

The fact is it's a chain of events that leads to the current problem. The fuckheads at the top, about which this thread was made, are the evil pieces of shit. Followed by doctors who loosely prescribed things THEY KNOW they shouldn't be prescribing...followed by addicts, who are a case of people who require and should get help, not receiving primary blame.

Do opioid abusers have many choices though? I mean they can choose to abstain, which some do, but what about alternatives? You cannot expect abstinence from everyone. Some people will always want to use drugs, so they should be able to choose which drugs to use. Doesn't that go along with the personal responsibility that you advocate?

It is proven that opioid use goes down in areas where other drugs (marijuana) are legal, but the pharmaceutical industry lobbies against this, manipulating politicians to eliminate their competition. this is the opposite of capitalism, and considering the human lives at stake it is also highly unethical.

Under these circumstances blaming opioid users for the opioid problem is equivalent to banning vegetables and then blaming people for eating unhealthy food.

Why the demand for drugs? People keep focusing on supply.
Humans have used drugs forever. Drug use is older than religion. To expect all people to abstain from all drugs is to deny human nature. However I do agree with you that people should be taught how to handle stress and discomfort without resorting to dissociative substances like alcohol or opioids.

Last edited:
Why would abusers be at fault? They were just trusting their super trustworthy doctors. Afterall, the doctors went to school and learned about the science and everyone knows that when science says so it must be true.

And these people chose to break the law distributing drugs. No one forced them to do that

the real question is what did they do specifically to piss off the higher ups that they are being outed for it now

Something I'm also curious about.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/drug-executive-laurence-doud-iii-arrested-opioids/story?id=62575543

The U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York charged Rochester Drug Cooperative (RDC), one of the country's largest distributors of opioids, with "knowingly and intentionally" violating federal narcotics laws "by distributing dangerous, highly addictive opioids to pharmacy customers that it knew were being sold and used illicitly,"

RDC was also charged with failing to properly report thousands of suspicious orders of oxycodone, fentanyl and other controlled substances to the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)

this is a good thing because:

-Opoids are in the top 5 causes of death in the United States

--Pharmaceutical industry is one of the biggest proponents of the failed War on Drugs.
Article is a bit misleading. RDC is a distributor, not a supplier and the feds have definitely prosecuted execs of retailers/distributors before in a similar fashion. What makes this different than those is that RDC is big wholesaler - they're not a retailer or a distributor that works with a handful of retailers that it partially owns. There's a big difference in going after an "exec" who owns a pain clinic and works with a local pharmacy or two and this.

Something I'm also curious about.

There's no conspiracy or anything here. RDC, the org in question, has been a subject of investigations for more than 5 years, and entered a consent order in 2015. They were in trouble for letting just about anyone buy opoids, but presented a plausible argument that they were just negligent in identifying suspicious purchases. The consent order required them to put systems in place to prevent that. Part of the reason that the execs are getting hammered now is because the gov got a hold of evidence showing that the execs were deliberately working around the systems mandated by the consent order. So that's evidence that they weren't simply careless, and now they can get smacked with criminal charges much more easily.

Why would abusers be at fault? They were just trusting their super trustworthy doctors. Afterall, the doctors went to school and learned about the science and everyone knows that when science says so it must be true.
You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters.

If the addicts can’t get pills they will get their high somewhere else.

Pills are popular because they are easy use. You just pop in you’re mouth or snort em.

How libertarian.

The fact is it's a chain of events that leads to the current problem. The fuckheads at the top, about which this thread was made, are the evil pieces of shit. Followed by doctors who loosely prescribed things THEY KNOW they shouldn't be prescribing...followed by addicts, who are a case of people who require and should get help, not receiving primary blame.
Suppose I'll play along... How liberal of you to blame others for one's choices. I'm all about personal responsibility. We know the risks involved with opiate use and abuse, if one isnt strong enough to overcome then one shouldn't consume.

There is no question these assholes who push thses drugs have a financial incentive to market to weak users. There is corruption at all levels but that doesn't excuse individual responsibility...

Suppose I'll play along... How liberal of you to blame others for one's choices. I'm all about personal responsibility. We know the risks involved with opiate use and abuse, if one isnt strong enough to overcome then one shouldn't consume.

There is no question these assholes who push thses drugs have a financial incentive to market to weak users. There is corruption at all levels but that doesn't excuse individual responsibility...
I didn't excuse anything, I prioritized blame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back