Phantom Punch - movie

Yeah... Undisputed is my favorite boxing movie. Very nice! *high five* *wink winky*

Troy ross looks like a throwback to old school fighters, the square fade and the big but lean build.

speaking of movies, I want to see this and I have been waiting to see for a long time...

I thought this movie was shelved. It is an opportunity to do a great bio, hopefully they won't screw it up. The good thing is that Sonny was not iconic in any way so the makers don't need to advance any propaganda. That has been the bane of biopics, Ali, the Bruce Lee Story, Hurricane etc.., all wanted to create heroes. Sonny had a rich if not happy life. His story is mired in the story of America and there is so much to go with, they also have a fine actor, I hope they don't fuck it up.

Well the director chosen will also play a part in where this film will go, btw who is directing it??

Did anyone ever watch this movie? Did they present the "phantom punch" from Ali as a real incident of bribery or as an imagined conspiracy by the media?

I bought this on DVD and watched in many years ago. Can't remember much about it, but I remember thinking it was mediocre by Ving Rhames did a good job.

I bought this on DVD and watched in many years ago. Can't remember much about it, but I remember thinking it was mediocre by Ving Rhames did a good job.

It appears extremely low budget. Almost like a student film.

I remember Cinderella Man being quite uh out there with the melodrama (like all Ron Howard movies I guess), but the cinematography was really nice (like all Ron Howard movies I guess)

I now realize I almost typed Ron Paul. Twice! Dodged a bullet there lmao

Shit movie, I regretted watching it right afterwards.

It appears extremely low budget. Almost like a student film.

Well it was directed by this guy

meteor_man.png

Did anyone ever watch this movie? Did they present the "phantom punch" from Ali as a real incident of bribery or as an imagined conspiracy by the media?

i didn't, i didn't hear one good thing about it, so why bother? I'm not a fan of wasting my time just in case I might like a movie.

Well it was directed by this guy

meteor_man.png
I probably heard but forgot that, robert townsend was actually the creator behind one of my all time faves, "Hollywood Shuffle" which was brilliant, but his other movie, meteor man sucked, he's not even on the radar anymore, he had a promising start.

I probably heard but forgot that, robert townsend was actually the creator behind one of my all time faves, "Hollywood Shuffle" which was brilliant, but his other movie, meteor man sucked, he's not even on the radar anymore, he had a promising start.
Robert Townsend is currently directing Black Lightning which is in its 3rd season on CW and some episodes of American Soul on BET
He also had the show he created called The ParentHood on WB for about 4-5 years from 95-99.
Hes had a good career

Robert Townsend is currently directing Black Lightning which is in its 3rd season on CW and some episodes of American Soul on BET
He also had the show he created called The ParentHood on WB for about 4-5 years from 95-99.
Hes had a good career
i guess, i stopped following but there was an early promise, not only with HS but with the HBO specials, to me, some of the funniest stuff ever, ever, and that includes, eddie, pryor or whoever you care to mention. He put the expectations up high, he shouldn't be making any movies as bad as meteor man.

Back