PFP foolishness

it's based on a lot. you simply refuse to see what's clear as day in front of your eyes. of course you don't have that problem when it comes to lomachenko losing because of the "size difference" though. that "excuse" is just fine with you.
Yeah dude you're just making shit up. You didn't even know that Walters didn't have a title when they fought! You didn't realize he didn't have Loma's name! You didn't realize that he had tried to get back in the ring multiple times after that loss. Pathetic.

I didn't say Loma lost because of a size difference (though you said that about GRJ, interestingly). I said that the size difference was a big part of why Loma lost, but when I was calling the fight I was focusing just as much on Teofimo's timing, power and speed.

Yeah dude you're just making shit up. You didn't even know that Walters didn't have a title when they fought! You didn't realize he didn't have Loma's name! You didn't realize that he had tried to get back in the ring multiple times after that loss. Pathetic.

I didn't say Loma lost because of a size difference (though you said that about GRJ, interestingly). I said that the size difference was a big part of why Loma lost, but when I was calling the fight I was focusing just as much on Teofimo's timing, power and speed.
I can't really see how size mattered considering how the fight played out. Lopez didn't Bully Loma around.
Loma turned down Walter's when he looked good because he didn't have a belt. Didn't matter when he looked like shit 2 fights in a row though. Gosh, I can't imagine why.....

lemme put it to you this way. you have a live-in girlfriend. everyday you get home from work she greets you at the door with a kiss, serves you a hot meal and you guys stay up til 10 watching your favorite netflix miniseries. so, one day you come home. she doesn't greet you at the door. she tells you to heat up a tv dinner and she goes to bed without even so much as kissing you goodnight.

now, you strike me as the kind of guy who would tell yourself "oh, nothing wrong, she's just tired or not in the mood." and be content with that. but you would be missing some of the most important clues as to her behavior and your relationship. in that situation, you should ask her what's wrong and take the time to listen....
your know your style of debate is long-winded when you start putting forward paragraphs detailing a fictitious disappointed girlfriend in a boxing discussion

I can't really see how size mattered considering how the fight played out. Lopez didn't Bully Loma around.
Loma turned down Walter's when he looked good because he didn't have a belt. Didn't matter when he looked like shit 2 fights in a row though. Gosh, I can't imagine why.....

Size and physicality obviously played some role. Lopez is a relatively big LW whose power was a massive deterrent. His reach/length advantage also allowed him to be more effective from range. Lomachenko, on the other hand, is small for the weight. It clearly played a role in the matchup. Not that it was a massive difference in size, but it obviously played a role.

Lopez had a much bigger frame and frankly Loma's punches looked like the bounced off Teo while Teo landing always sounded with a thud. Plus he had a pretty decent reach advantage. I'm not taking away from Teo, I'm just saying, if Loma wasn't able to stop Campbell or Pedraza, it was pretty clear he was going to get outgunned.

Size and physicality obviously played some role. Lopez is a relatively big LW whose power was a massive deterrent. His reach/length advantage also allowed him to be more effective from range. Lomachenko, on the other hand, is small for the weight. It clearly played a role in the matchup. Not that it was a massive difference in size, but it obviously played a role.
Do we have rehydrated weights? I'd have guessed that Loma was probably low-mid 140s and Teo was something in the low 150s.

Do we have rehydrated weights? I'd have guessed that Loma was probably low 140s and Teo was something in the low 150s.

He was around 160 in the spring, but down to close to 150 in the middle of the summer, so I'd assume a little under 150. By most accounts he wasn't really bothered making the weight this time, although he had issues in the past. Lomachenko tends to be around 140 (all the way back to when he was a FW), although he added a bit of mass recently so he could be a tad above 140. In my mind Lopez is a big, but not massive LW. Lomachenko is a fairly average-sized SFW and undersized at LW.

He was around 160 in the spring, but down to close to 150 in the middle of the summer, so I'd assume a little under 150. By most accounts he wasn't really bothered making the weight this time, although he had issues in the past. Lomachenko tends to be around 140 (all the way back to when he was a FW), although he added a bit of mass recently so he could be a tad above 140. In my mind Lopez is a big, but not massive LW. Lomachenko is a fairly average-sized SFW and undersized at LW.
oh I see, so that's a pretty close reading to what I had assumed anyhow.

I do wish we could have some better fight night weight info.
yeah these arguments always end up kind of meaningless without specifics, it's all guesses. Even their measurements are rarely consistent, I don't care what Channel 7 says, Knockout CP Freshmart is not 6'3" LMAO.

Last edited:

See, this is what I'm talking about . Your insistence on cherry picking reality at your own convenience. walters hasn't fought in 4 years....we're not talking a year or a two and a half year layoff which is considered a long time even for a guy like tyson fury who claimed to be suffering from depression. it's been FOUR years! do you understand it doesn't take four MONTHS to put together a tune-up? Open your eyes, dude. Actions speak louder than words. Walters hasn't fought because he doesn't WANT to fight. He hasn't wanted to fight since the lomachenko fight...a fight in which walters quit after barely an effort and didn't suffer even the slightest physical damage. Face the fact that Walters hasn't fought in four years for the same reason he barely even offered any resistance in the lomachenko fight. He might be considering a return if he needs money, but he's no longer interested in boxing as a career. And it's because of the way he was treated.

your know your style of debate is long-winded when you start putting forward paragraphs detailing a fictitious disappointed girlfriend in a boxing discussion
At least you have the sense to see the girlfriend has a problem. i doubt ironfist would ever be able to figure that one out.

Lopez had a much bigger frame and frankly Loma's punches looked like the bounced off Teo while Teo landing always sounded with a thud. Plus he had a pretty decent reach advantage. I'm not taking away from Teo, I'm just saying, if Loma wasn't able to stop Campbell or Pedraza, it was pretty clear he was going to get outgunned.
size had nothing to do with it. loma lost because he was outboxed. he was also outboxed in stretches against linares (ko'd multiple times by ordinary fighters), campbell (beaten by linares and ko'd by a prospect) and even pedraza (annihilated by tank davis). In fact, go back to loma vs sosa. Sosa is not what I would call a top talent, but sosa easily slips most of loma's offense and counters effectively at times. Lopez just happens to be more highly skilled fighter than any of those guys, not to mention loma's very overrated defense, especially in the last round when lopez couldn't miss loma with big shots and looked about to take loma out. Lopez didn't even try to impose his physicality against loma, so to blame loma's loss on size is just another lame excuse.

Last edited:
Back