PFP foolishness

intrepid brawler

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To think, for years ESPN tried to sell us on the notion that lomachenko was #1 (or #2) pfp. the kingry-campbell fight shows how ridiculous the notion that loma was ever anywhere near #1pfp. loma struggled with also-rans like linares, campbell and pedraza then could barely muster three good rounds against teo. lomachenko is exactly who I always thought he was...an overhyped media creation.

Campbell was coming off a 16 month layoff, literally just recovered from COVID last month, and was coming off a loss to the guy you're bitching about. Garcia was also on the floor early against a weaker version of that same mutual opponent. Getting the stoppage was impressive though. The rest of your post is nonsense.

Campbell was a flawed fighter and was never an earth-shaking win, but Lomachenko deserved to be considered among the top p4p fighters. He was never #1, but he definitely was in the conversation.

Campbell was a flawed fighter and was never an earth-shaking win, but Lomachenko deserved to be considered among the top p4p fighters. He was never #1, but he definitely was in the conversation.
Lomachenko was also pushing the limits of his ability size wise. Not every fighter can pull off a Pacquiao.

Or maybe loma is very good and undersized, teo happens to be very good and styles make fights. Garcia got dropped like a sack of potatoes clearly showing Campbell gave him more issues than he gave loma. Yes Garcia stopped him but he is a bigger man and a big puncher and Garcia did not show the same level of boxing ability as loma did in their fights against Luke.

Or maybe loma is very good and undersized, teo happens to be very good and styles make fights. Garcia got dropped like a sack of potatoes clearly showing Campbell gave him more issues than he gave loma. Yes Garcia stopped him but he is a bigger man and a big puncher and Garcia did not show the same level of boxing ability as loma did in their fights against Luke.
This. Campbell came very close to taking out Garcia in the second round. Garcia went down hard, let that sink in for a moment. How shit would we be saying Garcia was now if he hadn't have got up? Loma wasn't in trouble like that versus Campbell and almost stopped him with a body shot. Garcia clearly hits very hard so it's no surprise he got the stoppage by body shot when we've already seen a smaller man like Loma have him in similar trouble.

Loma is still a bad ass fighter. Hes even more than a live dog in a Lopez rematch.
Hes definitely at the top of the division he is in while being a little undersized.
Hes not clearly P4P best or the 2nd coming of Floyd like the boxing media tried to force feed him as. Plus we are in an era with a lot of interesting young talent exploding.

I would like him to stay at the weight and prove himself against this current young crop.

This. Campbell came very close to taking out Garcia in the second round. Garcia went down hard, let that sink in for a moment. How shit would we be saying Garcia was now if he hadn't have got up? Loma wasn't in trouble like that versus Campbell and almost stopped him with a body shot. Garcia clearly hits very hard so it's no surprise he got the stoppage by body shot when we've already seen a smaller man like Loma have him in similar trouble.
Exactly, while Garcia showed he is a dog who won’t back up when hurt it’s worrying a guy like Campbell, as good as he is, dropped him like that, it wasn’t a flash ko it was clean. It tells me , anyway, Garcia’s lack of a nuanced defence and flatfooted style will get him in trouble as it leaves him to be caught and in this division at the top with guys like tank, Lopez etc that will get you koed cold if they land like that. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt to go and make the correct adjustments as he is only 22 if I’m not mistaken and has a great coach in Reynoso and is mentored by canelo who should be able to guide him. But the idea this proves loma isn’t elite is laughable, I hate this whole “lose a fight and you’re a bum” mentality which doesn’t help when trying to get top guys to fight who don’t want to risk losing the 0. At least loma took risks and looked for solid competition.

Boxing fans are the worst. Loma loses a fight anywhere from 7-5/8-4 which could have been a draw and now he is just an illusion and a gatekeeper.
Lets say it how it is, Loma has been wonderful but the Campbell fight was a borefest and Teo beat him handily.

Campbell won one round of that fight, basically by landing one punch and got smacked around for the rest of it.

Most overrated fighter in boxing history.
That fight could not have been a draw either, you're lying to yourself.
Multiple people scored the fight 114-114. Rounds 2,7-11 for Loma.

2 time Olympic champion with a 396-1 record. He had a title fight in his second professional fight and is a 3 weight champion.

I don't see anything overrated about him at all. You're just hating.

Multiple people scored the fight 114-114. Rounds 2,7-11 for Loma.

2 time Olympic champion with a 396-1 record. He had a title fight in his second professional fight and is a 3 weight champion.

I don't see anything overrated about him at all. You're just hating.
Those are some of the reasons people think he was overrated as a PRO.
Getting shots based of ametuter pedigree and losing so early and being right back in it kind of already had some questioning.

I dont think ametuter accomplishments matter when talking PRO p4p. 2 different games.

I guess it depends on what someone means by overrated. Loma is a great boxer but his overall resume isn't that great and he was never #1 P4P. Also there were people who thought he was going to become a top 10 ATG which is ridiculous.

He still has a lot of skill though and should go back to 130 and try and get some good wins in there, instead of all the bitching he's doing now. 135 is too big for him and packed with younger and bigger guys than him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back