PFL willing to pay 2+ million to one fighter

Next season will be Women's Midddleweight and Kayla will stand triumphantly holding her oversized million dollar check at the end of the season after defeating the worlds best best female middleweights (all 4 of them)

And next to her will be none other than her beloved manager.... Ali Abdel-Asleez

Who is no doubt taking 50%

Next season will be Women's Midddleweight and Kayla will stand triumphantly holding her oversized million dollar check at the end of the season after defeating the worlds best best female middleweights (all 4 of them)

And next to her will be none other than her beloved manager.... Ali Abdel-Asleez

Who is no doubt taking 50%
Can you imagine what that guy is pulling in.

When PR decisions and optics beat economics, lol. I wonder how much revenue Kayla or the entire female LW divison in PFL brought in? Maybe more than I think ? Still good for them for making bank, so who cares. I wonder how much they're throwing at Shields. Cyborg would wreck shop in one of these tournaments I feel, especially with a lot of PFL guys looking juicy juicy.

isn't that like 300k after taxes, and then she has to pay her coaches and everything too

I don’t understand why they don’t have a Women’s Straweight/Flyweight Tournament— surely there are a lot more talented fighters in those divisions

How can they even afford to pay that much?

they have people richer than Dana involved.

They're good on the money end if they wanted to keep setting money on fire forever, the investors have that.

But, at some point they'll cut their losses.

I like the tournament, I like the idea of chasing a bigger payday to get fighters to come over, but the reality is, they aren't getting any real stars or any top of the food chain fighters at their peaks. They're getting washed up fighters basically.

How can they even afford to pay that much?
The brackets are also shady, Ali represents most of the fighters and there have been issues of him working both as a manager and directly for the promotion. So best not to wonder how PFL handles its finances if you're a fan lol
I don’t understand why they don’t have a Women’s Straweight/Flyweight Tournament— surely there are a lot more talented fighters in those divisions
Likely because those divisions didn't have a free agent floating around of Kayla's magnitude. They're a UFC feeder league and are trying to cash in on Kayla, not the division itself.

Back