PFL signs Satoshi Ishii

As many said above.. I always wanted to root for Ishii but he made it though.

He was never good to begin and is boring as fuck. He is the most exciting when he is subbing an overmatched opponent or getting KTFOed.

Said that he is somehow a name and might be a solid addition to their HW grand prix.

His striking is pretty terrible for a guy who trains with Gegard Mousasi.

Also - I always loved saying his name to casuals. Made me feel like I could legit speak Japanese.

You see, this is why I want to become a fan of PFL.
Just for beating guys like Copeland, someone can get more money than an average UFC champion gets if he defends less than thrice a year...

ufc champions for most part get ppv points, which probably means more at the end of the day.

but yes, its cool to see an organization give any random champion a life changing payday.

Good signing and a great add for the tournament. Always was a fan of ishii

He beats both of this year finalists true

Do you think so?

He is not that good IMO, his best win is... De Fries?
He fought past their prime fighters his entire career and even lost with many of them

On paper sounds ok but giving away a million bucks to the winner of Copeland and a natural Bellator middleweight/lightheavy is not smart at all

Who would it be smart to give $1M? Under what criteria and what level?

ufc champions for most part get ppv points, which probably means more at the end of the day.

I don't believe Woodley with his PPV points ever made $1M in a year.

I think he envies Magomed Magomedkerimov for now...

I don't believe Woodley with his PPV points ever made $1M in a year.

I think he envies Magomed Magomedkerimov for now...

Woodley made 500k for each fight in 2017 with his base salary alone bud.

Even if they are doing 150k ppv buys, usually champs get $2+ per buy.

Pretty sure he made almost as much as Magomed did for his fight vs Till as Magomed made for the entire year.

No reason to envy the dude

Woodley made 500k for each fight in 2017 with his base salary alone bud.

Even if they are doing 150k ppv buys, usually champs get $2+ per buy.

Pretty sure he made almost as much as Magomed did for his fight vs Till as Magomed made for the entire year.

No reason to envy the dude

Texas doesn't reveal salaries, so we don't really know his basic salary vs Till, but I agree - it won't be lower than 500K.
And yeah, he indeed made at least $1050000 in 2018.
As of PPVs - where did the guaranteed $2 info came from?
Plus, don't forget that Magomed also got paid something (not sure how much) for each fight he had. Separately.

But you know what? You're right about Woodley. It's definitely a bit more, and he obviously a UFC champ.

I'll give you another name: RDA.
Fought two grueling 5 round fights this year, got...well, Usman fight got him $110K, interim title fight...maximum $300K. No way more than that.
Don't believe any backstage bonuses he could've got would've raised it to $600K.
If I were him, I would've definitely considered move to PFL - especially at this state of his career.
It's guaranteed million for him, for beating Magomedkerimov and friends.

Texas doesn't reveal salaries, so we don't really know his basic salary vs Till, but I agree - it won't be lower than 500K.
And yeah, he indeed made at least $1050000 in 2018.
As of PPVs - where did the guaranteed $2 info came from?
Plus, don't forget that Magomed also got paid something (not sure how much) for each fight he had. Separately.

But you know what? You're right about Woodley. It's definitely a bit more, and he obviously a UFC champ.

I'll give you another name: RDA.
Fought two grueling 5 round fights this year, got...well, Usman fight got him $110K, interim title fight...maximum $300K. No way more than that.
Don't believe any backstage bonuses he could've got would've raised it to $600K.
If I were him, I would've definitely considered move to PFL - especially at this state of his career.
It's guaranteed million for him, for beating Magomedkerimov and friends.

the PPV points # has been around for a while, it was rumored forever, then after the Randy debacle right before the Brock fight, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that they get 2+ on over 100k ppv buys. I know its changed over the years and its an escalating scale, but think guys like Conor probably get somewhere like 5 per (which makes sense base on his estimated gross per fight etc)

I agree though, with some guys, it may make sense to do so. RDA is a good example, but, we'll see if the UFC just lets him ever walk to go fight in PFL. He's not a household guy, but, if u get 5-6 RDA's, some people will notice and start watching the other shows.

I'd just love THIS format, in the UFC. This tournament format is one of the best ones yet.

I agree though, with some guys, it may make sense to do so. RDA is a good example, but, we'll see if the UFC just lets him ever walk to go fight in PFL. He's not a household guy, but, if u get 5-6 RDA's, some people will notice and start watching the other shows.

UFC definitely won't let RDA go to PFL before he finishes the contract. They rarely cut nowadays, only if it's for cleansing purpose like with flyweights.
When his contract expires though, they'll have to decide - either they give him Woodley money (although he's not a champion anymore and probably won't be, and doesn't draw) or he moves.

I think even one RDA will get much much more interest and ratings will start go up significantly.
And if they get an actually popular guy? Even from lower echelon?

I'd just love THIS format, in the UFC. This tournament format is one of the best ones yet.

This is not the format you'll ever see in the UFC. The format based on meritocracy? Money falling into hands that don't bring money? Nah ah

UFC definitely won't let RDA go to PFL before he finishes the contract. They rarely cut nowadays, only if it's for cleansing purpose like with flyweights.
When his contract expires though, they'll have to decide - either they give him Woodley money (although he's not a champion anymore and probably won't be, and doesn't draw) or he moves.

I think even one RDA will get much much more interest and ratings will start go up significantly.
And if they get an actually popular guy? Even from lower echelon?

This is not the format you'll ever see in the UFC. The format based on meritocracy? Money falling into hands that don't bring money? Nah ah

im not saying UFC will cut him, just saying when guys like that get an opportunity, they might hop on it. But iirc, UFC has a period where they can match offers so, i'm not quite sure how it'd work out if PFL was interested in one of those RDA type guys.

And yes, I understand, it won't happen in the UFC. But its nice to wonder.

im not saying UFC will cut him, just saying when guys like that get an opportunity, they might hop on it. But iirc, UFC has a period where they can match offers so, i'm not quite sure how it'd work out if PFL was interested in one of those RDA type guys.

And yes, I understand, it won't happen in the UFC. But its nice to wonder.

Aye, UFC will probably abuse the matching clause period to its maximum to fuck up the guys' chances to enter the season properly.
So, the earlier in 2019 the contracts expire, the better are chances to see some interesting players in the PFL.

That's all, of course, in case UFC indeed do see PFL as a threat. Or competition.
I mean, they don't see Bellator as such: that's why they let Mousasi and Machida go there without thinking twice - and RDA is much less valuable than either of them.
We also don't know if there is still some kind of a collaboration between 2: there definitely was some partnership in the WSOF days, but also more with Fertittas than with Endeavor.

Back