PFL President Carlos Silva leaves company

Not good news for any company to lose their President less than 2 yrs in. With the amount of money he brought in, I'm sure he'll still be running the show but through someone else.

With the amount of money he brought in, I'm sure he'll still be running the show but through someone else.

In this case, why isn't it bad news?
He's part of the owner that doesn't want to work for his product but the product to work for him.

They'll just get a new CEO. It's a job.

Somehow it's not surprising that the guy who thought that a Female Lightweight Tournament was a good idea for PFL ended up ditching MMA for Team Tennis.

That’s gotta make all those celebrity investors feel great.

Disappointing, but Mike Russell is on the case. I'm sure he probably already said something about Ali, so let's see what if anything comes out.

A tournament based MMA org has an open position for CEO?

Trust me, Bjorn Rebney back. He back.

Last edited:
So is this jumping ship cause PFL is on its way out or what? Sometimes you just get a better offer to move on which could be the case but hard not to read into this as this was last chance for WSOF/PFL and might not be going in the right direction.

A tournament based MMA org has an open position for president?

Trust me, Bjorn Rebney back. He back.

People hated Bjorn but it might not be a bad idea really. if you want someone who has a name in industry and is all about tournaments he's your guy. Who knows maybe he even comes back with that fire to start talking shit about UFC and now Coker/Bellator. MEXICO

People hated Bjorn but it might not be a bad idea really. if you want someone who has a name in industry and is all about tournaments he's your guy. Who knows maybe he even comes back with that fire to start talking shit about UFC and now Coker/Bellator. MEXICO
I miss Bjorn. MMA needs that McMahon/Bischoff type of rivalry right now. This would definitely put PFL on the map. UFC doesn't see the PFL as much competition in its current state.

Dana/Coker is pretty much friendly competition seeing as how Coker was previously a Zuffa employee in the past. Dana legit HATES Bjorn.

In before the two resident PFL shills be like
upload_2019-1-22_15-50-40.jpeg

In before the two resident PFL shills be like
View attachment 509921

I'm probably one of those you consider shills.
Funny, because they're supposed to be in trouble, so where do I get my money from?

I already explained why I like the idea of PFL and do not understand what's so wrong in defending it. People don't like an org that depends on more intelligent and complicated strategy I assume...

So is this jumping ship cause PFL is on its way out or what? Sometimes you just get a better offer to move on which could be the case but hard not to read into this as this was last chance for WSOF/PFL and might not be going in the right direction.

From my understanding, he's one of the owners still.
So he's still involved. Simply changed the job.

In this case, why isn't it bad news?
He's part of the owner that doesn't want to work for his product but the product to work for him.

They'll just get a new CEO. It's a job.
Exactly. People on MMA Reddit are screaming "DOOM".

It's possible they just want someone better suited towards being a leader. Let's be honest, Carlos Silva has the charisma of soggy bread.

Exactly. People on MMA Reddit are screaming "DOOM".

It's possible they just want someone better suited towards being a leader. Let's be honest, Carlos Silva has the charisma of soggy bread.

Well, AFAIK Silva was one who brought all the relevant investors to PFL.
So not sure charisma from the Sherdogger's POV is something that is needed for CEO of the company.
They have Sefo for representing anyway.

As I mentioned, I believe the reason is that he just doesn't have to stay CEO of a company he holds share of

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/01/carlos-silva-steps-down-as-pfl-ceo-joins-world-team-tennis

After more than three years as WSOF and PFL executive, Carlos Silva is stepping down to become CEO of World TeamTennis.

PFL officials declined comment on the departure and referred questions to Silva, who said the opportunity to join the tennis organization was too good to pass up.

When he spoke to MMAjunkie, Silva was en route to Florida to begin his new job as the head of the league, which features mixed-gender team matches between six franchises from around the country.

I’ve been working with them to transition, and I’m sure when they’re ready, they’ll share the plan,” he said. “But right now, it’s about getting stuff done.”

Although the decision to leave came prior to the conclusion of the PFL’s first season, he said, he notified his team and started discussing next steps over the past week.

“I wanted to get through and have a successful championship, which I think we did, and then to spend some time with my family,” he said.

Back