News PFL Playoffs bracket released. The Playoffs begin on August 13

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
E6v6rIpXEAM-6Hp

My predictions for winners is gonna be Magomedkerimov, Harrison, Jenkins, Radzabov, Goltsov, and Shoeface.

Since PFL got rid of the two fight a night event, I wonder how they are gonna fill the rest of the cards? Is it gonna be fighters who didn't make the playoffs, ala Werdum, Isaev, etc. or just random fights to select fighters for next season or whatever "PPV division" is.

Its so freaking hysterical how no LHW finalist managed to win 2 fights.

Still angry over Rory vs Tibaue

I wonder why they have the FWs on that last card. I just figured they'd schedule it the same way as the season.

Since PFL got rid of the two fight a night event, I wonder how they are gonna fill the rest of the cards? Is it gonna be fighters who didn't make the playoffs, ala Werdum, Isaev, etc. or just random fights to select fighters for next season or whatever "PPV division" is.

There's gonna be some showcase fights.

A shame Renan Ferreira didn't make HW tournament despite winning after getting his Werdum TKO overturned.

How is Kayla Harrison the #2 seed?

Isn't she undefeated and reigning champ or reigning tournament champ?

I don't follow PFL obviously but have been keeping a distant eye on Harrison.

How is Kayla Harrison the #2 seed?

Isn't she undefeated and reigning champ or reigning tournament champ?

I don't follow PFL obviously but have been keeping a distant eye on Harrison.

It's based on points. Pachecho and Kayla had equal points so then it comes down to a tie breaker of who won their fights in the shortest cumulative time.

It's based on points. Pachecho and Kayla had equal points so then it comes down to a tie breaker of who won their fights in the shortest cumulative time.
Ok, cool, that makes sense.

Thanks

Only three Champions are in the Playoffs, a LOT of upsets this year.

Also, how was Martinez selected to be in the Playoffs??

I know that he was in the bunch that had like four fighters with three points, but if we use math (most of the times doesn't work), he lost to Schulte and won his previous fight via Split Decisión, while at the same time Held had the same amount of points and BEAT Schulte, Held should have been in the Playoffs IMO

Why does Cooper have 5 points and Nikolai 4?

Cooper defeated Nikolai by UD. Was that reversed or something?
Ray cooper missed weight so he was only entitled to -1 points. And had a first round finish before that.

I know that he was in the bunch that had like four fighters with three points, but if we use math (most of the times doesn't work), he lost to Schulte and won his previous fight via Split Decisión, while at the same time Held had the same amount of points and BEAT Schulte, Held should have been in the Playoffs IMO

The LW playoffs are a fucking joke. Martinez and Manfio have no business being there.

It's because his win was against Radzhabov who won his other fight via first round finish. So strength of schedule, in a seasonal points sense at least.

An idea would have been to make a split decision only worth 2 points because I do agree that his iffy split decision shouldn't mean as much as a definitive win like Held had over Schulte. By the same token maybe a split decision loss could be worth 1 point. Not something I've thought about too deeply so maybe that's a terrible idea for some reason I'm not thinking of right now lol.

An idea would have been to make a split decision only worth 2 points because I do agree that his iffy split decision shouldn't mean as much as a definitive win like Held had over Schulte. By the same token maybe a split decision loss could be worth 1 point. Not something I've thought about too deeply so maybe that's a terrible idea for some reason I'm not thinking of right now lol.

YES!! This 100%. I've been thinking about this alot lately, but never brought it up. A split decision winner should only get 2 points, the loser should get 1 point. Draws should be 1½ points. Also, this bullshit where the winner gets no points because he missed weight needs to change. They already took away a point, if the opponent decides to accept the fight anyway instead of taking the "walkover" then the normal points should still be awarded minus the one point deduction.

Also, robbery decisions like Rory/Tibeau or Pettis/Manfio should be sent to an outside arbitration panel and be treated as a No Contest based on the PFL points system if the panel decides the decision was suspect. It wouldn't change the fighters official MMA record (i.e. Ray Cooper is actually 2-0 this season, even though PFL lists him as 1-1).

The LW playoffs are a fucking joke. Martinez and Manfio have no business being there.
There's a million ways to criticize PFL, but this is an odd one.

Manfio won both of his fights. He deserves to be in the playoffs. To claim otherwise is moronic.

The question of who gets to be seed 4 is obviously a confusing one. But Martinez looked amazing against both Schulte and Radzhabov. I would honestly favour him to win the tournament at this point.

Last edited:
Back