PFL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION PHILIPE LINS WITHDRAWS FOR 2019 PFL SEASON

RODNEY83

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
PFL 2018 Heavyweight $1 Million Dollars Winner, Philipe Lins withdraws from the 2019 PFL Season because of a undisclosed injury. He will be replaced by former University Of Utah football player, Zeke Tunei-Wily, 3-1.

From a financial point of view, it doesn’t make sense. He could actually win the tourney in a few months, get the million and sign with UFC in January 2020. No way he makes a mil by 2020 in UFC.

Thanks for the information @europe1 and @MMALOPEZ . This could work out great for Philipe Lins. He has money now from winning the PFL 2018 Heavyweight Tournament and $1 million dollars prize. He will have a reputable name for himself by being the PFL 2018 Heavyweight Tournament winner, he could save on travel expenses by fighting on the UFC cards that are held in Brazil. And he actually found his true weight class in the process of going to the PFL and he would be somewhat of a young gun in the UFC Heavyweight division. This could really work out well for Philipe Lins.

From a financial point of view, it doesn’t make sense. He could actually win the tourney in a few months, get the million and sign with UFC in January 2020. No way he makes a mil by 2020 in UFC.
He could also lose and get fucked though.

was wondering how long it would take before UFC wouldn't be happy with another org on ESPN as well.

I'm okay with Lins going to the UFC.

At least give us a good replacement for your goddamn champion though, jeez. WHO DA FOOK......ah forget it.

Hmmm...make 20k/yr fighting on an entry level UFC deal, or fight for another 1M in PFL?

Another one buys the UFC line of "Sure, you'll need a second job and food stamps to survive, but just think of how much you'll make 4 yrs from now when you're headlining a PPV in a title fight!"?

Well his stock is at an all time high right now. Without winning it again his stock would surely go down cause chances are high he'd lose to someone with little to no name value and he'd be pretty much back to where he was before winning the HW tournament. At least if he goes to the UFC he now has that accomplishment under his belt the rest of his life. Even if he fails out of the UFC he will still be able to sign with just about any org he wants to just because he was in the UFC , won the PFL HW tournament, and decent good paydays relative to that org moving forward So maybe he might be able to make the most money from PFL right now, long term will probably set himself up much better.

Who knows.. UFC likes to throw money to HWs. He maybe signs a good contract there.

this is what i said about the other person that dropped out of PFL

dont remember who it was, havent heard anything yet but im sure he will pop up soon

Dam! I wish Tyrell Fortune would have gone with PFL instead! He would have walked through it!

Dam! I wish Tyrell Fortune would have gone with PFL instead! He would have walked through it!
He would have had a intriguing matchup against former UCF football player Mo DeReese, who is also undefeated.

I wonder if he’ll stay at heavyweight. It would be a good move to start there, then move down if he takes some losses.

I wonder if he’ll stay at heavyweight. It would be a good move to start there, then move down if he takes some losses.
I hope he stays at heavyweight. He seems to have found the right weight class for himself at heavyweight.

I hope to god he doesn't move down, could end up like Ledet.

Promising start then drops a weight class, starts believing that the earth is flat and gets owned twice.

I hope to god he doesn't move down, could end up like Ledet.

Promising start then drops a weight class, starts believing that the earth is flat and gets owned twice.

We've already seen him at LHW in bellator and he was a bust......at Hw he looks better but it's been against 3rd tier opposition so hard to gauge really.

We've already seen him at LHW in bellator and he was a bust......at Hw he looks better but it's been against 3rd tier opposition so hard to gauge really.
That's why I hope he sticks at HW. The competition outside of the top 15 is also very low level, so I don't hold it against him. HW is so sad lol.

Just based off his wins over Copeland and Rosholt I think he's a lock for the bottom of the top 15 at the very least. If Tuivasa and Tybura can crack it, then he can as well, so long as his durability is there. The speed advantage goes a long way at HW. A debut against Sosnovskiy would be good, or he could take on the aforementioned Marcin.

Back