PFL Finals predictions?

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who do you think will win the finals?

Heavyweight: Philipe Lins
vs Josh Copeland - Lins looked very impressive and fought the tougher competition by KO-ing Alencar and Rosholt. Lins also has more tools than Copeland.

Light-Heavyweight: Vinny Magalhaes
vs Sean O'Connell - I really want to say O'Connell but Vinny has been on a tear in the PFL. He's a far cry from the guy who got KO'ed by Anthony Perosh all those years ago.

Middleweight: Abus Magomedov vs Louis Taylor - Taylor has knockout power and it should show knowing he won't be fighting twice on NYE. Abus seems to be a bit of a can crusher.

Welterweight: Ray Cooper III vs Magomed Magomedkerimov - Cooper looked great the entire season by crushing Shields, Kusch, and Ferreira with ease. I'm not sure if Magomedkerimov brings anything new to the table

Lightweight: Natan Schulte vs Rashid Magomedov - I guess I would pick Magomedov by virtue of being a top 15 UFC guy. Neither guy really stuck out to me this season.

Featherweight: Lance Palmer vs Steven Siler - Probably the least interesting final. Palmer should lay on him like last time.

Featherweight: Lance Palmer vs Steven Siler - Probably the least interesting final. Palmer should lay on him like last time.

Palmer did have massive trouble with Giorgi Karatanian's bottom-game jiu-jitsu in their fight in which he got submitted. Siler has a similar style of aggression. But maybe Palmer has fixed that hole in his game, not to mention Siler not being the most durable of fighters.

Welterweight: Ray Cooper III vs Magomed Magomedkerimov - Cooper looked great the entire season by crushing Shields, Kusch, and Ferreira with ease. I'm not sure if Magomedkerimov brings anything new to the table

I think it's pretty certain that Magomedkerimov is a better striker than anyone Cooper III has faced in pretty much every area save possibly power. Dude just has the fundamentals down dead-set. All that swinging Cooper does won't come as easily. Kush has little defence, Shields isn't in this game anymore, and Ferreira got taken down when trying to throw a body-kick on the backfoot, MK won't do mistakes like that.

Middleweight: Abus Magomedov vs Louis Taylor - Taylor has knockout power and it should show knowing he won't be fighting twice on NYE. Abus seems to be a bit of a can crusher.

Really? I see Abus battering Taylor on the outside with his lengthy front kicks and punches. I don't really know how Taylor can deal with that. Plus Magomedov is a solid wrestler so Taylor won't get those takedowns easily.

Lightweight: Natan Schulte vs Rashid Magomedov - I guess I would pick Magomedov by virtue of being a top 15 UFC guy. Neither guy really stuck out to me this season.

I suppose Schulte's one hotspot in this fight could be the clinch. Rashid did have trouble dealing with Dariush's Thai-plum in their fight. But that is a long shot, no doubt.

Heavyweight: Philipe Lins vs Josh Copeland - Lins looked very impressive and fought the tougher competition by KO-ing Alencar and Rosholt. Lins also has more tools than Copeland.

Lins via cardio, I guess.

Copeland
Vinny
Taylor
Cooper
Rashid
Palmer

Not sure about the HW match, no idea who can win, rooting for Lins

The rest I agree with you except for Magomedov at MW

Edit: Cooper vs Magomedkerimov is gonna be insane, probably the most skilled fight on the finals

Back