PFL doing worst than WSOF

I'm done. MMA internet social media fans will always br negative towards anything positive. If it was up to you people there would be no NFL because, well, you know, they lost money when they first started and there is no way people would support it. Keep the negativity alive
Except there's nothing positive about PFL's finances. How are you not understanding that???

Or maybe you are...& because you're a paid shill, you choose to ignore it & continue to spew the same bullshit about investors, budget, internet warriors, blah blah blah

You know, I'm just thinking about all the WSOF guys who jumped ship(s):
Ivanov, Branch, Fitch, Gaethje.
I wonder if they regret it now...hmmmm...I think they do! No wait, I'm sure they do. Each and every one of them.

Even Gaethje. It's funny, he is actually appreciated by UFC, gets $100K to show.
Fought there two years, got 5 Bonuses. In four fights.
So 2*100+2*200+5*50 = 850 K for 2 years, while getting his brains beaten out of him in the process.
While he could do 1M in one season, against easier competition.
I don’t think Gaethje is smart enough to realize the difference. Dude wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed even before all the beatings.

Except there's nothing positive about PFL's finances. How are you not understanding that???

Or maybe you are...& because you're a paid shill, you choose to ignore it & continue to spew the same bullshit about investors, budget, internet warriors, blah blah blah
He’s the resident “anything but Bellator “ guy. He’s desperate to see anything do better than Bellator.

Nothing positive except of a huge investment from mega successful enterpreneurs.
But of course, they're blind and zuffa zombie can see the truth...

TV viewership is the number one thing they need to put a lot of resources into in getting the numbers up. Because season 1 they didn't even seem to attract UFC or Bellator fan to the product. Better ratings is the only way they can ever cash in on a better media deal.

Of course they have to increase them. At least show the improvement in season 2, so investors could extrapolate the results and see where it goes.
Maybe they even don't aim on UFC/Bellator fan - maybe they target audience less entertainment/freak show oriented. Their whole meritocratic matchmaking kinds hints on that.

You'd think with the investors they involved they could pull some strings and get some great exposure going for the product.

Hehe that's what investors rarely do actually. The principal of "if we do your job, why we pay you?"
Of course, if there is more than just investment but some kind of a B2B relationship, this is a different story...

Nothing positive except of a huge investment from mega successful enterpreneurs.
But of course, they're blind and zuffa zombie can see the truth...
"Investments from mega successful enterpreneurs" don't guarantee success.

Strikeforce had successful investors. IFL had successful investors. Affliction had successful investors. Where are they now?

Investors expect a return on their money. As it stands, PFL hasn't shown that they're capable of that. Their losses are such that investors may be less likely to sink more money into the venture.

I dont see them giving 1M to winners again, I dont see the logic

Strikeforce had successful investors. IFL had successful investors. Affliction had successful investors. Where are they now?

Well, first of all if PFL reaches level of any of these companies (which were much bigger than Bellator today in their "primes") they can consider it a success already.
Companies that operate and eventually fold are not complete failures from start to finish. No company lives forever.

Secondly, I'm not sure the sutuation was the same: IIRC IFL DID have problems with investors, and couldn't find many until almost the end.
Strikeforce and Affliction are totally different stories investment-wise, and organization wise, you know it. Different caliber...

Investors expect a return on their money. As it stands, PFL hasn't shown that they're capable of that. Their losses are such that investors may be less likely to sink more money into the venture.

The next season will be telling, if the payouts dont attract some names (and therefore some profit) they are in trouble.

Well, first of all if PFL reaches level of any of these companies (which were much bigger than Bellator today in their "primes") they can consider it a success already.
Companies that operate and eventually fold are not complete failures from start to finish. No company lives forever.

Secondly, I'm not sure the sutuation was the same: IIRC IFL DID have problems with investors, and couldn't find many until almost the end.
Strikeforce and Affliction are totally different stories investment-wise, and organization wise, you know it. Different caliber...

What exact metric are using to say they were much bigger than Bellator?

What exact metric are using to say they were much bigger than Bellator?

Bigger events in bigger arenas, much more attendance.
Actual profit from events.
They had not just ranked fighters in every division - they had at least 2 categories, HW and LW, where the champions were arguably #1 fighters in their divisions - Fedor-Werdum, Melendez.
In most of the divisions, half top fighters were in UFC half in Strikeforce.

Most importantly, Strikeforce were actual COMPETITION to UFC, not just number 2.
Some important fighters went to Strikeforce from UFC or despite UFC not because UFC didn't mind - actually they DID mind, but Strikeforce could offer better conditions in many occasions.
Even young fighters actually thought about choosing between UFC and Strikeforce. Today, there aren't many guys who will say no to UFC offer. Actually, none I think.

Too many points that made Strikeforce so significant back then. Bellator never ever achieved that level.

They have to get on a better channel with better time slots. They’ve got a few interesting “fighters to watch” after just one season. The tournament stiffled a few moments for growth at certain times, but it’s an interesting concept. Like we saw with Bjorn’s Bellator, people like tournaments. PFL fills the void old Bellator left.lol

Like we saw with Bjorn’s Bellator, people like tournaments. PFL fills the void old Bellator left.lol

And also more attractive for fighters than Bjornator...for one million reasons...

Bigger events in bigger arenas, much more attendance.
Actual profit from events.
They had not just ranked fighters in every division - they had at least 2 categories, HW and LW, where the champions were arguably #1 fighters in their divisions - Fedor-Werdum, Melendez.
In most of the divisions, half top fighters were in UFC half in Strikeforce.

Most importantly, Strikeforce were actual COMPETITION to UFC, not just number 2.
Some important fighters went to Strikeforce from UFC or despite UFC not because UFC didn't mind - actually they DID mind, but Strikeforce could offer better conditions in many occasions.
Even young fighters actually thought about choosing between UFC and Strikeforce. Today, there aren't many guys who will say no to UFC offer. Actually, none I think.

Too many points that made Strikeforce so significant back then. Bellator never ever achieved that level.

Yeah but you said Affliction to, you think they were bigger?

Yeah but you said Affliction to, you think they were bigger?

Indeed! Under all these metrics I applied! They fit both SF and Affliction!
Sure they were short-lived, so? Do you know how many decades M-1 exists? Did they ever get any better/bigger?

I'll give you this: Imagine that Bellator folds tomorrow. Now tell me - how will they be remembered? What remarkable happened under their roof that will stay in MMA history?

Indeed! Under all these metrics I applied! They fit both SF and Affliction!
Sure they were short-lived, so? Do you know how many decades M-1 exists? Did they ever get any better/bigger?

I'll give you this: Imagine that Bellator folds tomorrow. Now tell me - how will they be remembered? What remarkable happened under their roof that will stay in MMA history?
Kimbo-Dada

Very true. Big question here is what did PFL actually accomplish with Season 1? Truth be told they didn't make any "stars" at all and one of the winners decided to retire in the cage after winning his $1million. I don't know a single MMA fan (outside of Sherdog) who even knows that PFL exists, and this includes a few of my old Jarhead buddies who are doing amateur MMA fights.

Looks like PFL shelled out a ton of cash and really has nothing to show for it. Supposedly they did amazing ratings but that feels extremely suspect to me as I don't know of a single person who has watched it. I understand that's an anecdotal statement from me, but that's how I feel about it.

Very true. Big question here is what did PFL actually accomplish with Season 1? Truth be told they didn't make any "stars" at all and one of the winners decided to retire in the cage after winning his $1million. I don't know a single MMA fan (outside of Sherdog) who even knows that PFL exists, and this includes a few of my old Jarhead buddies who are doing amateur MMA fights.

Looks like PFL shelled out a ton of cash and really has nothing to show for it. Supposedly they did amazing ratings but that feels extremely suspect to me as I don't know of a single person who has watched it. I understand that's an anecdotal statement from me, but that's how I feel about it.

PFL showed this season that fighters from top 30 to 50 can gain the yearly salary of a UFC champion. That will obviously attract fighters that can beat 2018 PFL winners in the first round with one hand tied.
Isn't it obvious? They will sign more fighters, bigger names snd higher ranked. Why won't they?

And idiots keep claiming that 11 year MMA veteran happily retiring is something bad are totally delusional and clueless of PFL.
If anything, that will make this org more friendly to fighters who get sick of UFC greediness.
Championship is not even lineal! Only GP winners become millionaires! So whether the winner retires or not, doesn't matter.

Next time use some brains before posting.

PFL showed this season that fighters from top 30 to 50 can gain the yearly salary of a UFC champion. That will obviously attract fighters that can beat 2018 PFL winners in the first round with one hand tied.
Isn't it obvious? They will sign more fighters, bigger names snd higher ranked. Why won't they?

And idiots keep claiming that 11 year MMA veteran happily retiring is something bad are totally delusional and clueless of PFL.
If anything, that will make this org more friendly to fighters who get sick of UFC greediness.
Championship is not even lineal! Only GP winners become millionaires! So whether the winner retires or not, doesn't matter.

Next time use some brains before posting.

You're making wild, sweeping assumptions and that's not a very intellectual thing to do. Who's going to try and get out of their UFC contract to toss the dice on winning all of their fights in PFL for an entire season? Better the devil you know, and especially so when that devil is currently paying your bills.

I have no issue with an 11 year veteran retiring, but how does that do anything positive for the investors? If you read my post I was talking about the investors and how having them on board doesn't equate to a successful product. You jumping the gun and making wild assumptions, all the while referring to othes as idiots who "need to use some brains", doesn't really mean anything.

We'll see what happens but I'm skeptical of the PFL's business model because it appears as though they gained absolutely nothing from Season 1. They have ZERO stars to hype for next Season (at this time anyways), and again, they have almost zero brand recognition.

Back