PFL Completes $50 Million Investment Round And Adds A Mike Tyson MMA Show

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtba...-and-adds-a-mike-tyson-mma-show/#6e26ee0c6cf0

The PFL owners will be dishing out more big checks for years to come thanks to a new infusion of cash in the business. The league closed a $50 million Series C funding round on Christmas Eve; it brings the PFL’s total funding to $100 million.

Tyson will be a bigger presence in the PFL. “Mike is going to help recruit and sharpen the marketing of some of our new fighters,” says PFL cofounder Donn Davis. “No one knows what it is like to be a champion more than Mike Tyson—how to become one and the pitfalls of being one, financially, emotionally and psychologically.”

Tyson will also cohost a new show for the PFL, Mike Tyson’s New Fight Game. The 30-minute episodes on ESPN2 and ESPN+ will preview ten PFL events during the year and also look back at some of Tyson’s classic matchups in the ring. Davis compares the show to the Emmy-winning Inside the NFL series, but it will be more “irreverent and freewheeling.”

“I’m excited to find and mentor the next generation of MMA world champions,” says Tyson. “PFL’s pay scale is aligned with my principles of paying fighters more for the entertainment value they create. MMA fighters are also prizefighters, and when you enhance the prize, you enhance their ability to thrive outside the cage.”
“We’re ready to build in three areas: upgrading the roster, upgrading the marketing and expanding the product,” says Davis. He points to the recent signing of Rory MacDonald, who previously fought on Bellator and UFC cards. Product expansion will include international offerings and a mobile gambling platform.

giphy.gif

A mobile gaming platform? How about you actually build some stars before you go venturing into silly shit such as this...but what the fuck do I know? Good luck to PFL though and I guess we'll see what happens.

Rich people throwing away money so we can get great international talent and great fights?

I'll allow it.

Well, at least the PFL is not $92 million dollars or so in debt like One Championship according to several publications. Also, this seems like a good thing for the PFL, next up, work on upping those awful ticket sales so the PFL can stop giving away so many tickets to fill their venues.

Early investors need to get new investors so they dont lose all their money, hopefully new investors will allow early investors to cash out without losses, the new investors will then need to get newer investors to buy in so they dont lose all their money

hopefully this goes on long enough for washed up 2nd and 3rd tier fighters to make more money. The fighters are the only winners, along with ali and ppl with pfl salaries so it's not all bad I suppose.

Well, at least the PFL is not $92 million dollars or so in debt like One Championship according to several publications. Also, this seems like a good thing for the PFL, next up, work on upping those awful ticket sales so the PFL can stop giving away so many tickets to fill their venues.

Not 92 but 58 from investors in the first 2 years and now adding 50 more, takes that number to 108 mil. If they don’t make some cash soon, investors are not going to be as that much happy.

They're just a couple years behind ONE in the losing money department. They'll get there.

Not 92 but 58 from investors in the first 2 years and now adding 50 more, takes that number to 108 mil. If they don’t make some cash soon, investors are not going to be as that much happy.
Well, according to this article from 2018, One Championship had $93 million dollars in losses as of December 31, 2017, https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10/17/17976862/one-championship-look-finances-mma-one-fc-losses. So referring to that,at least the PFL isn't $93 million dollars in debt like One Championship apparently was at one point or is right now or whatever is going on with One Championship and their finances. Now the PFL needs to work on generating ticket sales that are absolutely pathetic and find ways of generating a profit to make their investors happy. So far it looks like a way for their investors to use the PFL as a way to claim their business is operating at a loss, therefore, getting year after year of a reprieve to not pay taxes on their money that they invested in that business because it is operating at a loss.

Honest Question: What is appeal of PFL??
Watching to discover a new break out fighter like a Ray Cooper III and Natan Schulte that came out of the PFL Regular season/Tournament format. Watching a fan favorite Sean O'Connell make that one last run and get rewarded for it. Seeing a guy like Louis Taylor finally get rewarded for so much hard work toiling for years on the regional circuit and never really getting a legitimate shot on the big stage, 2-0 in Bellator, and not being allowed by Bjorn Rebney to enter Bellator's Tournament, and released from the UFC before his first scheduled UFC fight, and at 39 years of age finally having it all payoff by winning the 2018 PFL Middleweight Tournament and $1 million dollars to make it all worth it. Many reasons. But if the PFL isn't for you, it just isn't for you. No biggie.

Well, according to this article from 2018, One Championship had $93 million dollars in losses as of December 31, 2017, https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10/17/17976862/one-championship-look-finances-mma-one-fc-losses. So referring to that,at least the PFL isn't $93 million dollars in debt like One Championship apparently was at one point or is right now or whatever is going on with One Championship and their finances. Now the PFL needs to work on generating ticket sales that are absolutely pathetic and find ways of generating a profit to make their investors happy. So far it looks like a way for their investors to use the PFL as a way to claim their business is operating at a loss, therefore, getting year after year of a reprieve to not pay taxes on their money that they invested in that business because it is operating at a loss.

no, i agree. I meant that pfl has58 mil on debt plus 50 mil they just got from investors. I meant 58 mil compared to 92 by one.

throw another $1 million to Kayla, all for those 10,000 views

where do i sign up to invest all my cash?

What? Debt implies that ONE believes in itself. Debt implies that the business does not want to give up ownership, because it sees future potential.

Back