PFL cancels their 2020 season

Well, if they releases Martínek, who was one of their good signings for next season, im assuming they also released a lot of the other new signings for the upcoming season.

I'm thinking everyone who isn't a champion, a dominance fighter or Rory, Willis and OSP.

I'm thinking everyone who isn't a champion, a dominance fighter or Rory, Willis and OSP.
UFC, Bellator, and ONE could use some of those HW's to add depth to their divisions, Usman, Goltsov, and Goncharov would be nice additions. I feel bad for Jordan Young for leaving Bellator and bad mouthing them and then finding himself in this situation, hopefully he can be recruited for DWCS.
Aleksakhin, Magomedkerimovz Held, Mamedov, Odintsov, Joilton, Khaybularv, and Loughnane would be other interesting fighters for their lower class divisions. Although, we all know Dana isnt signing Loughnane, so perhaps Bellator or ONE would be interested in him.

UFC, Bellator, and ONE could use some of those HW's to add depth to their divisions, Usman, Goltsov, and Goncharov would be nice additions. I feel bad for Jordan Young for leaving Bellator and bad mouthing them and then finding himself in this situation, hopefully he can be recruited for DWCS.
Aleksakhin, Magomedkerimovz Held, Mamedov, Odintsov, Joilton, Khaybularv, and Loughnane would be other interesting fighters for their lower class divisions. Although, we all know Dana isnt signing Loughnane, so perhaps Bellator or ONE would be interested in him.

I think Magomedkerimov is probably on a retainer as a former champion who's something like 9-0 in the PFL. Mamedov is Dominance so is probably safe.

Aleksakhin is the guy I really want UFC to sign, the way he just ran through a tough Jesse Ronson was impressive.

I feel bad for Jordan Young for leaving Bellator and bad mouthing them and then finding himself in this situation, hopefully he can be recruited for DWCS.

tenor.gif

I think Magomedkerimov is probably on a retainer as a former champion who's something like 9-0 in the PFL. Mamedov is Dominance so is probably safe.

Aleksakhin is the guy I really want UFC to sign, the way he just ran through a tough Jesse Ronson was impressive.
Yeah, those are the fighters that i like the most and probably were let go. They arent exactly world beaters but they are entertaining and pretty legit. But Im assuming some of those fighters are safe in the PFL, paticularly if they are former champs or Ali's boys.
Still, its a shame the PFL had to let go some of their good fighters, specially if they go to rival organizations.
All organizations have thin HW divisions so picking up a couple of the PFL HWs seems plausible for the UFC and Bellator.
Also, Loughnane's case is interesting, he seems legit to me, idk if there is something the promoters dont like about hm. Dana just flat out refused to sign him and went on a rant on the poor kid. Then I thought Bellator would pick him up for the European series and they also passed on him.

Yeah, those are the fighters that i like the most and probably were let go. They arent exactly world beaters but they are entertaining and pretty legit. But Im assuming some of those fighters are safe in the PFL, paticularly if they are former champs or Ali's boys.
Still, its a shame the PFL had to let go some of their good fighters, specially if they go to rival organizations.
All organizations have thin HW divisions so picking up a couple of the PFL HWs seems plausible for the UFC and Bellator.
Also, Loughnane's case is interesting, he seems legit to me, idk if there is something the promoters dont like about hm. Dana just flat out refused to sign him and went on a rant on the poor kid. Then I thought Bellator would pick him up for the European series and they also passed on him.

I feel sorry for Loughnane, I think if everyone hadn't made such a big deal of it then they would have signed him after the contender series like they do with many other fighters. Once it became a big deal, Dana probably wouldn't sign him out of principle. It's worse for Brendan because it wasn't him that made a big deal of it, it was everyone else.

I feel sorry for Loughnane, I think if everyone hadn't made such a big deal of it then they would have signed him after the contender series like they do with many other fighters. Once it became a big deal, Dana probably wouldn't sign him out of principle. It's worse for Brendan because it wasn't him that made a big deal of it, it was everyone else.
Exactly, I feel like they were going to sign him after a couple more fights. I think Dana just wanted to make an example out of him with the whole going for a take down in the last seconds, but when the press critiziced him for passing on him...well we know how well Dana handles critizism, he just double-down and made sure to embarras him.
I was surprised Bellator passed on him too, he would have been a good addition to the European Series or even for the FWGP instead of Tywan Claxton, who was too green to be thrown in there with Sanchez.

Hows Lance Palmer going to eat without his yearly million dollar check?

I’d like to see them spend this down time getting together a plan to bring 185 back.

LOL i mean i dont know how much of a grudge does Scott Coker hold but i know Dana White is really good at that.
Tamdan McCrory badmouthed Bellator on the way out to the UFC. He had a pretty good run in Bellator and was in line for a title shot too. Once he got let go from the UFC, Bellator wasn't interested. Same thing with Will Brooks.

Both of those dudes peaked in Bellator and I think they had legit reasons to be upset with the promotion. It's never a good idea to burn bridges in MMA.

I’d like to see them spend this down time getting together a plan to bring 185 back.
Me 2 but if Kayla and Ali are still in the picture, they are not getting 185 back in the cage. Ali runs this show

The PFL should have cards of just fights no tournament from September to December just to put on some shows once the Coronavirus Pandemic shutdown is over in America. That may be a benefit to the PFL and it may not. But the PFL won't know unless the PFL tries it.

The PFL should have cards of just fights no tournament from September to December just to put on some shows once the Coronavirus Pandemic shutdown is over in America. That may be a benefit to the PFL and it may not. But the PFL won't know unless the PFL tries it.
I agree

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/audi...-professional-fighting-e-sports-and-investing

But in this interview is 0 mentions of shows in 2020. Also Donn Davis says tickets sales are not a main priority for them, but when asked if they are going the ufc route of doing events without fans, he shuts down the possibility of it.

I agree

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/audi...-professional-fighting-e-sports-and-investing

But in this interview is 0 mentions of shows in 2020. Also Donn Davis says tickets sales are not a main priority for them, but when asked if they are going the ufc route of doing events without fans, he shuts down the possibility of it.
I think the PFL is trying to re-group and come back strong in 2021 but I do not believe that is a good idea. I obviously do not know their finances, but I do believe everything points out to a massive hemorraging of money and looking for ways to save some money. If they go that route they will probably go under by the end lf 2021.

Back