PBP PFL 4: 2024 Regular Season: Moldavsky vs Vassell 6/13 5:30PM ET *** Sherdog Discussion*** (ESPN)

i don't "get" how PFL works but why didn't Linton V make the next bracket instead of the guy he just beat?

I wish that big fella won who didn't make weight, Franklin. i was imprezzed even tho he lost lol.

Whenever they take ten minutes explaining what happens next my eyes glaze over like I'm in a ninth grade algebra class.

this. i don't get this at all. still wanting someone to explain why Linton V didn't go forward.

lol no one's here.... ok i'm out

PFL's setup is kind of dumb but they have some fun fights
Dakota is a real problem for WMMA. she's really fluid and calculated with her striking; reminds me a bit of Machida or Anderson with the way she mixes things up. she has a bunch of finishes via shots to the body and she finishes every fight she's in. you love to see it

Moldavsky loses but Linton is eliminated and Moldavsky goes into the playoffs as third seed.

Tim Johnson beats up Danilo who is awful and gets into the playoffs off one bout

Amazing format they have there

Moldavsky loses but Linton is eliminated and Moldavsky goes into the playoffs as third seed.

Tim Johnson beats up Danilo who is awful and gets into the playoffs off one bout

Amazing format they have there

I am desperately trying to get somebody to explain to me the PFL rules. why is Linton not advancing? can you or somebody inculcate me with this knowledge?

(I also didn't understand why that other heavyweight advanced merely after the first round of the Linton fight like what the fuck?)

I am desperately trying to get somebody to explain to me the PFL rules. why is Linton not advancing? can you or somebody inculcate me with this knowledge?

(I also didn't understand why that other heavyweight advanced merely after the first round of the Linton fight like what the fuck?)
Ok so in the PFL there is a points system.

There are two "regular season" events, and after those two events the top 4 fighters are in the semifinals.

3 points for a decision win
4 points for a 3rd round finish
5 points for a 2nd round finish
6 points for a 1st round finish

In the two regular season fights, Vassell had a loss and a decision win (over Moldavsky) for 3 points.

Moldavsky had a loss (to Vassell) and a 1st round finish, for 6 points.

Tim Johnson didn't compete at the first event, but got a 1st round finish, for 6 points.

Popov has a decision win and a 2nd round finish, for 8 points.

Goltsov has a 1st round finish and a 3rd round finish, for 10 points.

#1 Goltsov 10pts
#2 Popov 8pts
#3 Moldavsky 6pts
#4 Johnson 6pts

Last edited:

Points, you get points for finishes and more if you finish early. Tim got a first round finish, which is 6 points, while Vassell won a decision which is 3.

2nd round finish is 5 points, 3rd round is 4.

It’s a dumb system since it eliminates that not all opponents are equal and someone like Moldavsky or Ivanov are way harder to finish then Danilo Marques

There are two "regular season" events, and after those two events the top 4 fighters are in the semifinals.

5 points for a 4th round finish

In the two regular season fights, Vassell had a loss and a decision win, for 3 points

Moldavsky had a loss(to Vassell) and a 1st round finish, for 6 points.

Tim Johnson didn't compete at the first event, but got a 1st round finish, for 6 points.

Goltsov has a 1st round finish and a 2nd round finish, for 10 points.

#1 Goltsov 10pts
#2 Popov 8pts
#3 Moldavsky 6pts
#4 Johnson 6pts

Bless you my man. I swear I felt like i was on an alien planet trying to follow the PFL event last night. i never felt so stupid lol. that said, i very much enjoyed it.

re your AV, i trust you're stoked for the return of House of Dragons. i am!

Points, you get points for finishes and more if you finish early. Tim got a first round finish, which is 6 points, while Vassell won a decision which is 3.

2nd round finish is 5 points, 3rd round is 4.

It’s a dumb system since it eliminates that not all opponents are equal and someone like Moldavsky or Ivanov are way harder to finish then Danilo Marques

Thank you good sir. I swear I've never been so confused, esp when Tim made it to the next level simply by hanging out in his dressing room lol.

In the two regular season fights, Vassell had a loss and a decision win, for 3 points

#1 Goltsov 10pts
#2 Popov 8pts
#3 Moldavsky 6pts
#4 Johnson 6pts

ps: i need to retain your reply for my records. 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you good sir. I swear I've never been so confused, esp when Tim made it to the next level simply by hanging out in his dressing room lol.
I doubt any non hardcore mma fans understand it either which is baffling why they continue with it

I agree the format is ridiculous but I will say that this event is a hundred times better than the bullshit UFC Perez vs Taira card full of FW's and BW's nobodies that you will never hear about again in a couple years along with female fights, ya I'll gladly watch a PFL card with 5 HW fights over the dog shit UFC is putting on any day.

#1 Goltsov 10pts
#2 Popov 8pts
#3 Moldavsky 6pts
#4 Johnson 6pts
Glad someone explained. I think its roughly based on U.S. athletics/sports system for qualifying for the playoffs/finals. Like just cus Hornets beat Golden state warriors on a lucky night; doesnt mean they will still make it to playoffs after having a bad season.

Back