PBP PFL 4: 2021 Regular Season, Thurs. 6/10, 7 PM ET/4 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who wins atop PFL 4 2021?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not what I was referring to. I actually would give Shields her due in that she put Elkins in that position and did what she needed to do to win. But taking an arm bar with no control of the arm is more what I’m referring to. That was crazy to see.
How the hell did shields put her in that position? Elkin was holding on to Shields' leg when she could have easily let go.

That girl on Mount should have been dropping elbows can’t believe she lost she had that stupid fucking grip under her legs letting her tee off on head let that go and go for something else ur getting punched by a boxer repeatedly

Elbows are banned in PFL...
Elkins is just a terrible fighter, her brown belt doesn't mean anything if she's a moron. Keep in mind Kevin Holland is a black belt and he looked just as clueless as Claressa on the ground in his last two fights.

How the hell did shields put her in that position? Elkin was holding on to Shields' leg when she could have easily let go.
I’m trying to give her benefit from the sprawl. Maybe I’m remembering the ending different. Either way I don’t want to be on the same side as Luke. True that she was attempting a single leg and just collapsed but I think it was the shots that froze her. Either way I can’t imagine walking away from that going oh yeah I see future champ. With the exception that there’s just not real talent at that weight class. I mean Kayla would’ve mauled her. Any objective human being could see that pretty clearly.

Elbows are banned in PFL...
Elkins is just a terrible fighter, her brown belt doesn't mean anything if she's a moron. Keep in mind Kevin Holland is a black belt and he looked just as clueless as Claressa on the ground in his last two fights.

Really that sucks didn’t know about elbow rule for a boney chick like her could have been useful. Elkin brown belt is only thing that won her two rds she literally has no physical strength if that was Kayla Harrison on top even if it was Harrison debut too Shields would have got pounded out so quick or submitted either way she didn’t even know to put hands on hips shrimp get out of mount she had no escape elkin went for that half ass armbar when she could have just stayed on top mount with 30 seconds left if that doesn’t happen she doesn’t get rocked and probably takes her down again in the 3rd for a clear decision win very bad fight iq

Last edited:
True that she was attempting a single leg
I have no idea what you're talking about. At no point in the final exchange did she attempt a single leg.

She was grabbing the far leg with what can only be described as an inverted (and useless) grip. That is not a "single leg."

Last edited:
I have no idea what you're talking about. At no point in the final exchange did she attempt a single leg.

She was grabbing the far leg with what can only be described as an inverted (and useless) grip. That is not a "single leg."
Weird thing to pick out my man when I said maybe I remember it differently. She goes for a double and ends up on a leg. My bad.
<Neil01>

She goes for a double and ends up on a leg. My bad.
This would not be an accurate description of what happened.

She was in half guard and reached for the far leg as if she was attempting a leg lock/electric chair. She then got to her knees as if she was going for an underhook/coyote sweep. She then held onto the far leg for no apparent reason, and got her brains scrambled.

This would not be an accurate description of what happened.

She was in half guard and reached for the far leg as if she was attempting a leg lock/electric chair. She then got to her knees as if she was going for an underhook/coyote sweep. She then held onto the far leg for no apparent reason, and got her brains scrambled.
You got me. We are talking about two different points in the fight. But it’s really weird that you are pretending she didn’t shoot. Which is what set up the end. She never made it back to the feet. Seems you want to feed your bjj ego. Leave it at the door my friend.

I only saw the first round and I felt it was gonna be a can laying and praying for 3 rounds. I just learned today that Shields won. Good for her I guess but she still has no business being cageside in a Nunes fight. Kayla Harrison eats her alive, and for that matter probably so do women like Cindy Dandois

But it’s really weird that you are pretending she didn’t shoot. Which is what set up the end.
Of course she shot. But after she got stuffed she completely disengaged and pulled half guard. To suggest it's part of the same sequence is nonsensical.

Of course she shot. But after she got stuffed she completely disengaged and pulled half guard. To suggest it's part of the same sequence is nonsensical.
It’s ok dude. You don’t have to admit you just wanted to be weird. You wanted to throw out some 10th planet terms and flex. It’s all good. I’m ok here being nonsensical.

It’s ok dude. You don’t have to admit you just wanted to be weird. You wanted to throw out some 10th planet terms and flex. It’s all good. I’m ok here being nonsensical.
Well... I hate to correct you further... but "coyote guard" is definitely not a 10th planet term. The 10th planet term for that position is "dogfight".

You are one of the only people who thinks it was fixed. Perhaps there is a reason for that.
Popularity and validity aren't correlated. Humans are communal social creature, we mimic. To associate popularity with validity would dismiss every advancement we've ever had in the species.

Popularity and validity aren't correlated. Humans are communal social creature, we mimic. To associate popularity with validity would dismiss every advancement we've ever had in the species.
<JackieThumbsUp>

Back