PFL 2019 Season (my idea)

Communion

Out in left field on Juicy J's Tbol team
@Brown
Reaction score
In response to a post in one of the PFL threads I sat down and actually thought about a better way to do an actual 'MMA season'. This is just the first draft on mine. Everyone is welcome to design their own ruleset if they are bored enough. Maybe we can come up with something really good here and send it over to Sefo via pity save. Of course we will get a kickback, and will split according to 'sherbros honor' (largest to smallest bicep)
Anyway:
Points are fine and can stay how they are now. Extra points for finishes and such.

Regular season bout should be TWO(2) five-minute rounds. If a draw after two rounds, and extra five-minute round to decide winner. If still a draw, match is declared draw and both fighters get 1 point.

APRIL ROUND
all weight classes have their opening round on four consecutive cards in April.

JUNE ROUND
all weight classes have their second round on four consecutive cards in June.

AUGUST ROUND
all weight classes have their third round on four consecutive cards in August.

OCTOBER "PLAYOFF"
Single-elimination
All weight classes have their single elimination playoff on four consecutive cards in October.

Playoff bouts are THREE(3) three-minute rounds. If draw after three rounds, extra three minute rounds will decide winner. Extra rounds will continue until a clear winner is declared.
NO DRAWS IN PLAYOFF (ffs)

December 31, 2019
Finale
All weightclasses will have their championship fights.

FIVE(5) five-minute rounds to declare champion. If a draw after five rounds, additional three-minute rounds will commence until a clear winner is decided.
NO DRAWS IN CHAMPIONSHIPS

That's just a 10-minute spitball idea for season two and I like it way better than what they did in 2018.

Oh yeah and random drawings will decide who fights who in the regular season. The entire season should be scheduled before any fights happen so no one complains.

Playoffs will be the top 8 fighters in each division. First two rounds will be on the October cards, and only one fight per night.

Example:
Fighter A will fight on the first and third weekends in October. Fighter B will fight on 2nd and 4th weekends.

Alternate bouts should take place alongside the rest of the bouts especially in the playoff. The highest ranked fighters that didn't make the playoffs should fight if someone drops out.

If a fighter loses a decision in the playoff, they will get first dibs on filling in for someone if they drop out due to injury or suspension.

Seriously, you want the regular season to be two fights of two five minute rounds. That is lame AF. A predetermined regular season would be nice. It makes it better for scouting for all fighters involved. Regular season would be better with every fighter getting 3 fights meaning every fighter getting at least 3 paychecks. Much better to budget a living that way. Playoffs should be in a state thay allows fighters to fight two 3 round fights in a night. So stay TF out of New York and their athletic commission bs. Get on FS1 and FS2 or TBS and TNT. Go on behind a strong lead in show, it never hurts.

Well my idea for a regular season does involve three fights. April, June, and August. If there is a clear winner after two rounds there's no reason for a third round. I'm thinking in terms of wear and tear on these guys' bodies. If you make it all the way to the championship fight thats SIX fights in 8 months. That's insane.

They should allow elbows on the finals.

I don't even understand why elbows are not allowed when it is the final fight for both fighters.

I don't even understand why elbows are not allowed when it is the final fight for both fighters.
Agreed. I understand why during the season and playoffs but the championship fight is for it all and the fighters should be allowed their full range of weapons to get the $1,000,000.

I expected a low turn out but my thread is much like the actual PFL

Not really having a issue with no elbows.

Back