PFL 2018 #5: Thurs. Aug. 2, 7PM ET Prelims/9PM ET Main Card PBP DISCUSSION

Whew! Glad Spohn won, hate that regulation beyond belief!

It's pretty darn fucking dumb that Artur can win a technical decision due to kicking his opponent in the action zone

Exactly. That HAS to be a DQ. Regardless of intent. He consistently fouled and caused the fight to be stopped on a foul. That's a DQ.

That's an ethical victory -- but I'm not sure about those scorecards

30-26 Spohn?
tenor.gif

You would figure they would have to at least SCORE to qualify though. Kind of defeats the purpose if you can back ass first into a chance at million dollars.
Tiebreakers man. It's completely fair. Surviving close decisions as opposed to getting knocked out is taken into account, and that's the way it should be.

If you disagree we'll just leave it at that, but I want people to at least be aware of that information regardless.

These judges gave it two rounds to Spohn or three rounds to Spohn? That was a bad- should have been a 28-28 draw in all fairness. Spohn only maybe won round 2 with the takedown and even that I doubt.

Tiebreakers man. It's completely fair. Surviving close decisions as opposed to getting knocked out is taken into account, and that's the way it should be.

If you disagree we'll just leave it at that, but I want people to be aware of that information regardless.

I appreciate it, but it's the equivalent of that 2-10 team winning the Arena League title because there's only 4 teams in the league.

Credit to them for winning "when it mattered" but it cheapens the others work for them to be there.

Audience is like a UFC crowd from 2008.

Crowd out right booing Yuki Kawana lol. What a villain I guess.

Chris Wade electrifies the f'n crowd! Yeaaaaahhh!

Hahhaha that was awesome!

That's happened in UFC with Chas Skelly vs. Maximo Blanco, only Chas got the submission (in 19 seconds).

I feel like im watching something totally different than everyone else... All I'm seeing is another boring Harrison fight

Wade doesn't know how to do chokes. <{cruzshake}>

Back