PFL 2018 #5: Thurs. Aug. 2, 7PM ET Prelims/9PM ET Main Card PBP DISCUSSION

PFL... digging this playoff system. Something the UFC should look at to weed out the interim belt.

Tournaments and playoffs make things a bit interesting. That was Bellators apex for me. Unfortunately for us, if that happened in the UFC, we might miss some really good matchups. Either way, I can't complain about PFL at all.

By the way, who Nijem will fight next? He already fought Foster, maybe Magomedov, who fought only once? Or it will be the new guy, Arthur Estrazulas?

They said 8 fighters at LHW still need to fight for the remaining 4 spots.

So that's...

- Sean O'Connell (already clinched)
- Bazigit Atajev
- Rashid Yusupov
- Smealinho Rama
- Ronny Markes
- Jason Butcher
- Jamie Abdallah
+ One More

The one more is because Artur Alibulatov has already been ruled off future PFL cards for some reason.

I agree that fans don't "pay" his bills, but without fans, they will have no money to pay Will to pay his bills.

This million up top seems great but it can also lead to fighters playing it safe to just win.
Lol will. You know the fight was boring as shit. Why get so emotional? Because you know you deserved the boos?

Jason High doesn't seem to be that good of a MMA fighter.

I understand your point. My POV is if a fighter makes the final playoff spot without winning, but by having two very close split decisions (or something like that), he'd deserve it. Keep in mind that's the easy part. He'd still have to win 3 additional fights to get the million.

I also have TUF in mind where fighters get brought back in for no reason whatsoever. PFL a least has a rhyme or reason for who would get that extra chance, and so I like that. I'm glad they took all these possibilities into consideration.

It is a really well thought out format imo, but also maybe a little too nerdy to connect with casuals.

My boy lost to Brooks but looked good. Cardio was good, defense was good and took hardly any damage.

They make
Yeah but regardless, just focusing on PFL, I'm pretty sure this will be by far the lowest rating yet. The viewers on facebook are so low.
they make it a little difficult to watch (on mobile at least) and I can see people giving up or passing based on that

They make
they make it a little difficult to watch (on mobile at least) and I can see people giving up or passing based on that
I've never had a problem but watch using a laptop.

Back