PFL 10 October 20th DC

im hoping for cooper vs story for the finals but i guess that can only happen at the qtr finals.

I'll be watching. Multiple fights in one night is my jam.

I wonder if Jake Shields will get his ass whooped by Cooper III again.

I wonder if Jake Shields will get his ass whooped by Cooper III again.
There's a small chance Shields can take it.

- The fight is 2 rounds, if Shields wins the first round, the fight is his. This benefits LnP fighters like Shields.
- Cooper might want to fight safely in this one since he could fight twice. We might not see the aggressiveness he had in the first fight. If he blows his load early, his chances of winning the tournament drastic go down.
- Shields could have learned a lot from his mistakes in the first fight.

Is Cooper going to win? Probably. But we shouldn't count out Shake Jields just yet.

I have enjoyed the events for the most part good matchups and fun fights.

Not a fan of all the rematches it really takes a level of excitement down a notch for me personally.

Also the tie breaker rule is FUCKING HORRIBLE basically if you win the first round you've won the fight......total BS......much better ways to decide a winner like judging the whole fight since its only 2 rounds.

Pfl has had some great things and some growing pains but it's been an interesting season thus far.

Not sure how I feel about holding the finals on New Years. They held a 4-title fighters mega-event on New Years when they were still WSOF and that got practically ignored due to the date (the one where they had Gaethje vs Firmino and Fitch vs Shields)

There's a small chance Shields can take it.

- The fight is 2 rounds, if Shields wins the first round, the fight is his. This benefits LnP fighters like Shields.
- Cooper might want to fight safely in this one since he could fight twice. We might not see the aggressiveness he had in the first fight. If he blows his load early, his chances of winning the tournament drastic go down.
- Shields could have learned a lot from his mistakes in the first fight.

Is Cooper going to win? Probably. But we shouldn't count out Shake Jields just yet.
Cooper doesn't seem like a guy who will fight safely. He's got a 100% finish rate, often within 40 seconds, always by mid of 2nd round.

Having said that, Rosholt/Tiller showed immediate rematches can look quite different, so we'll see.

Thought more of you ninjas would be discussing

Not sure how I feel about holding the finals on New Years. They held a 4-title fighters mega-event on New Years when they were still WSOF and that got practically ignored due to the date (the one where they had Gaethje vs Firmino and Fitch vs Shields)
Those ratings did 951,000 average live viewers and peaked at 1.3 million viewers on NBC.

I have become so invested in The Real OC, Cooper 111 and Louis Taylor. PFL IS the shit NYE so much more intense with this and Rizin.

Funny how Tapology for a while had Kamaru Usman listed doing cage post fight instead of Yves lollllll

Cooper III made Jake Shields his biotch easily twice without taking any damage or being threatened with much of anything. I wonder what GSP's thoughts are considering he decisioned Jake after getting eyepoked.

Just watched all the replay (full event), it is available for Latin America, i do not know if it is going to work for the States... (Link: )

3 things to say....
1. Cooper is a beast... he has legit power and is only 25....
2. Ferreira surprised me against Story, i would love to watch him again in a 2nd season (if there is one)
3. Taylor vs Howard was close... i had it for Taylor....

Cant wait for the finals... going to try really hard to watch it LIVE... hopefully it makes good ratings....

Back